Homebrew Elf/Dol Forwarder for Custom Channels

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to get Doom to work with elf_dol_forwarder. Finally! My SD card was wacked or something, after I reformatted as wiisoff mentioned everything started working. I spent about four hours trying to figure that problem out and it ended up being a simple format... lol.

Anyway after neglecting my girlfriend for this amount of time I have made a Doom Forwarder channel, and two regular Doom channels for those who are Doom fans such as myself. The Doom Forwarder Channel has the same images as one of the Doom Channels.

Doom Forwarder

Banner
Doom_Banner-1.jpg

Icon
Doom-icon.jpg

Logo
doom-logo2.jpg

Doom Forwarder

I'll upload the two regular channels later.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SpaceJump here writing from hospital. That Doom banner looks great, good job. Once I'm back from hospital I will compile a specific Doom Forwarder so you don't have to use the General Forwarder.

Blue-K, that banner looks nice. I already have another one ready, but you can go ahead and pack yours into a wad too
smile.gif

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
SpaceJump here writing from hospital. That Doom banner looks great, good job. Once I'm back from hospital I will compile a specific Doom Forwarder so you don't have to use the General Forwarder.

Thanks man, hope everything goes well with your surgery.
I need to get the Doom dol edited so the channel will return to the wii menu upon exiting so thats pretty much the only downside I see in it. I dig your sig hah "Where's my next 2d Metroid?" I just scored on a gameboy micro cheap always wanted one even though I have a DS. I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion, hard to put it down.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Warren_303 said:
...I need to get the Doom dol edited so the channel will return to the wii menu upon exiting so thats pretty much the only downside I see in it...
The only way to get the application to reboot the wii is ether if the sourcecode is available and someone is able to edit that function to it or if the developer adds system reboot...
unsure.gif

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Warren_303 said:
...I need to get the Doom dol edited so the channel will return to the wii menu upon exiting so thats pretty much the only downside I see in it...
The only way to get the application to reboot the wii is ether if the sourcecode is available and someone is able to edit that function to it or if the developer adds system reboot...
unsure.gif

Well the source code is on Google Code here unfortunately I don't have experience as a coder though. If someone can add the Exit to Wii menu function that would be awesome. Fingers crossed
unsure.gif

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hello guys

great work!!!
i'm looking about two linker
1- softchip linker but pointing on sd:/apps/Softchip/boot.dol
2- backup launcher gamma pointing on sd:/apps/Backup_loader/boot.dol
3- the source of a non genric linker, like that i can make my own
thx in advance.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I mentioned before, once I'm back from hospital, I will release the source code of the specific Elf/Dol Forwarder, so you can compile you own Forwarders.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SpaceJump said:
As I mentioned before, once I'm back from hospital, I will release the source code of the specific Elf/Dol Forwarder, so you can compile you own Forwarders.

Hope you will be ready soon. Best Wishes and good luck
smile.gif

Today I started to dream...Wishlist of a Channel:

A Forwarder that loads sd:/apps/Softchip/boot.dol
Press "B" to load sd:/apps/Gamma/boot.dol

Yeah..I can't compile..so I hope someone will do that for me, after SpaceJump released the source...

daedelus82

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aamon.net
XP
Country
I have just put together a linker using code from various sources, works well during my testing.
Feel free to look at the source and modify.
http://www.aamon.net/SoftChip/linking_channel/source/

By default it loads softchip from /apps/softchip/boot.dol however it's super easy to modify.

I have commented the code as best I can so it should be easy to modify, however I'm no c/cpp guru.

Using the above code I created a new softchip linking channel:
v2_banner4x3.jpg

SoftChip_LinkingChannel_v2.wad

Loads SoftChip from: /apps/SoftChip/boot.dol

daedelus82

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aamon.net
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
SpaceJump said:

Hope you will be ready soon. Best Wishes and good luck
smile.gif

Today I started to dream...Wishlist of a Channel:

A Forwarder that loads sd:/apps/Softchip/boot.dol
Press "B" to load sd:/apps/Gamma/boot.dol

Yeah..I can't compile..so I hope someone will do that for me, after SpaceJump released the source...
Modified Penguin's Backup Channel..
Holding UP loads sd:/apps/gamma/boot.dol
Holding DOWN loads sd:/apps/softchip/boot.dol

Penguin-Backup-Channel-UP-Gamma-DOWN-SoftChip.wad *Tested, working.

multi-linker_banner.jpg

If you don't like the banner, simply inject multi-linker.dol into your own WAD.

If you don't like the way it executes, edit the source and compile yourself: source/multi-linker/

I deliberately made it so it doesn't display any text to screen, I prefer it this way.
However if you'd prefer it to display a message, such as press UP for gamma or DOWN for softchip, simply add a few printf functions, and recompile.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
daedelus82 said:
If you don't like the way it executes, edit the source and compile yourself: source/multi-linker/

I deliberately made it so it doesn't display any text to screen, I prefer it this way.
However if you'd prefer it to display a message, such as press UP for gamma or DOWN for softchip, simply add a few printf functions, and recompile.

Many Thanks
biggrin.gif
. I will inject the .dol for myself in a Channel...so happy right now
biggrin.gif
... . Oh, and I will have a Look at compiling a new version...Just as a question: It would be possible that it loads Softchip without pressing something, and Gamma with Pressing something, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN...