Homebrew Discussion Egg NS, a Switch emulator for Android devices

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've tried a few more and no dice. The list of compatible games on egg ns is really small. I'm just wondering if there are more compatible ones then on that list? I'll keep testing a few more. But like you say it seems to be the older non 3d games that run better.
so i grabbed the prod keys for 11.0 and put them in the switch droid folder. pokemon shield actually boots and is some what playable after adding those keys. audio isnt the best though. i suspect they are using 9.2.0 or lower keys as their base.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will Egg work with the Razer Kishi by chance?
No, not that I know of. It seems the emulator needs to see the GameSir controller to work.orelse anyone would just download the free emulator and not buy their controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i grabbed the prod keys for 11.0 and put them in the switch droid folder. pokemon shield actually boots and is some what playable after adding those keys. audio isnt the best though. i suspect they are using 9.2.0 or lower keys as their base.
Yeah that's what I was looking at when I opened the keys. It's just a shame that we need to wait for eggns to send us updates and we can't do anything on our own cause they keep it so closed up. Maybe someone will reverse engineer the app and figure out how to get it working on other controllers but also how to update the firmware to play newer games. I mean this should be open source.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know how to update base games on egg ns?

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It also seems like there is no option to add dlc's or updates. I've tried 2 different programs to join them into one file but still doesn't work in eggns. I'm annoyed.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also seems like there is no option to add dlc's or updates. I've tried 2 different programs to join them into one file but still doesn't work in eggns. I'm annoyed.
Put the updates and dlc in the same folder as the games, and then click on the little gear that's on the game picture in egg ns menu. It has a option to add expansion packs, aka dlc, updates.

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put the updates and dlc in the same folder as the games, and then click on the little gear that's on the game picture in egg ns menu. It has a option to add expansion packs, aka dlc, updates.
Tried that with no luck. Doesn't do anything at all.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i talk with admin egg ns emulator on chinese forum they said they wont update again Egg NS emulator this year
they could put out all the updates in the world and it would still have trouble with 3D based games because the switch needs high end hardware to be emulated. Works great for almost every 2D based game for the switch, pokemon sword/shield and lets go play decent at least.

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This just got updated to v2.0, anyone try it out yet?
So it just got another update just today for 2.01.... and I don't see my games in the folder anymore ...not sure what's going on. Tells me to pick the folder with my games...and I did...my games are in that folder too but eggns just doesn't recognise the .nsp files. Anyone with the same issue?

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried .xci and .nsp with no luck. Also getting an error with my keys file. Looks like the recent update screwed everything up. Anyone have the 1.0.6 that I can downgrade to?

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had downgraded and everything worked again. Looks like they realized there was an issue and there's a new update 2.1.6... anyone try it yet? I'm worries to try now... Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...