Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of getting someone I know a EFA-LINKER II (Slot-2 Direct-USB) but I want to know some thing about it...

1. How easy is the software to use? This is for a kid.
2. Does it work with all GBA games or just some?
3. Can you put more then one game at a time on it?
4. How to the saves work? Can I backup the saves?
5. Can it play DS ROMs on a flashed DS?
5. Any better and cheaper card?

Also I want to try and mod my GBA (not SP), maybe with some lights or something... Any good links?

Thanks!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Software is ok to use. Once you know which buttons to use when, its easy, but its not the easiest.
2. From what I remember, it has worked with every game I've thrown at it.
3. Yes you can put more than one game on it at a time, depending on the game size of course.
4. Saves work just like regular GBA carts. Through the PC software, you can pull the save files and back them up.
5. DS roms? again, depending on the size, there are not that many interesting games that will fit on it. If you're looking into a cart to play DS games, you should get them a DS flashcart.
5. For better cheaper DS carts, look into the AceKard2 or the DSTT. For GBA carts, the EZ Flash 4 or something like that. it runs on external flash memory.

Dont know much about modding the old GBA's >_

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shinji said:
1. Software is ok to use. Once you know which buttons to use when, its easy, but its not the easiest.
2. From what I remember, it has worked with every game I've thrown at it.
3. Yes you can put more than one game on it at a time, depending on the game size of course.
4. Saves work just like regular GBA carts. Through the PC software, you can pull the save files and back them up.
5. DS roms? again, depending on the size, there are not that many interesting games that will fit on it. If you're looking into a cart to play DS games, you should get them a DS flashcart.
5. For better cheaper DS carts, look into the AceKard2 or the DSTT. For GBA carts, the EZ Flash 4 or something like that. it runs on external flash memory.

Dont know much about modding the old GBA's >_

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Be warned of a thing if you're thinking of buying it from DealExtreme. It seems they're not selling real EFA-LINKER II, but only large-sized EFA-LINKER I Simple (so no Direct-USB link, but you still have to use the patching software).

I recall PizzaPasta saying something like that.

I've got a EFA-LINKER I Simple, it works pretty well, too bad that it doesn't work well on SiS chipsets
frown.gif

The next one I'm going to get is an EZ-Flash IV miniSD. IIRC, they even have RTC
biggrin.gif

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Be warned of a thing if you're thinking of buying it from DealExtreme. It seems they're not selling real EFA-LINKER II, but only large-sized EFA-LINKER I Simple (so no Direct-USB link, but you still have to use the patching software).

I've got a EFA-LINKER I Simple, it works pretty well, too bad that it doesn't work well on SiS chipsets
frown.gif

The next one I'm going to get is an EZ-Flash IV miniSD. IIRC, they even have RTC
biggrin.gif

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14792

This sure looks like a EFA-Linker II to me unless I'm blind (then again it could still be fake regardless
wacko.gif
)
And none of the EZ-Flash IVs have RTC, sorry
frown.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eeyoregurl27 said:
raulpica said:

frown.gif

biggrin.gif

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14792

This sure looks like a EFA-Linker II to me unless I'm blind (then again it could still be fake regardless
wacko.gif
)
And none of the EZ-Flash IVs have RTC, sorry
frown.gif

That's just the external shell, who knows what might be inside
tongue.gif
I would like to have more confirmation on this, though, seeing I might get one in the future, if it's the real one.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the EZ-Flash III
frown.gif
Oh well
tongue.gif

EDIT: It seems I was right, here's a comment on DX

Comment
THIS CARD DOES NOT SUPPORT DRAG&DROP FOR MOST ROMS!

Additionally, the client for putting roms on this card is not easily locatable on the internet anymore.

As such, I have uploaded my copy of the client to the web for all of you who purchase this card.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5yyainlffrf

Sure that "MOST" is strange, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o