Hacking EFA Linker II saves to a M3 Perfect.

Shbek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got an M3 Perfect today, and I'm loving it thus far. Only problem is, I have quite a few saves on my EFAII that I'd like to have on the M3. I got the saves off of the EFA and onto my computer just fine, but I can't get them to work on the M3. I tried using m3savetool to convert the saves to .dat files a couple of times (and yes, I made sure that the name of the .dat and the game matched exactly). I've tried using http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php to convert them, from EZFIV (.sav) to M3 (.dat), which hasn't done anything. Can anyone thing of something that might work? I'd really rather not loose 40+ hours on several RPGs if I can help it
tongue.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not too sure about the EFAII (I have the first one), but it might be impossible to retrieve your full save files using the client, unless you set the save size correctly when you first copied the roms across (for the EFA 1 it defaults to something really small).
If not, it'll only read part of each save from the SRAM when you copy it from the cart onto your PC.

To tell if this is the case, let us know the size of the save files you retrieved and what games they are for.

If this is indeed the case, there is still hope (as long as you haven't formatted your cart or something silly). If you have some sort of external copier device like the EZ-Writer (or something like a F2A cable), you could use it to retrieve as much of the SRAM as possible, then divide the resulting file up into individual save files (may involve some hex editing), or you could use Chism's game save backup utility to try and achieve the same thing (or maybe even rein? I doubt it though
tongue.gif
)

The reason I know all this is because I made the same mistake at one point
tongue.gif

Shbek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Lets see.. the games and save sizes are...

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow 32KB
Final Fantasy IV 32KB
Final Fantasy V 32KB
Final Fantasy VI 32KB
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland 32KB
Super Mario Advance 3 8KB
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 8KB
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 8KB
Sword of Mana 64KB
Tactics Ogre The Knight of Lodis 64KB
Tales of Phantasia 8KB

I could really care less about all the games except FFVI and Summon Night 2, I was REALLY FAR in both of them and I'd rather not start over on the M3. I don't have an external copier any more though =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Oh. I'm the nightmare. I get it.