Homebrew Question EdiZon cheats are always active

undoable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
go inside atmosphere folder then system_settings.ini
back up this file before changing it (for safety purposes only)
look for and chaged it to:
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0.

if its still not working try also
go inside atmosphere/config_templates folder then system_settings.ini
back up this file before changing it (for safety purposes only)
look for and chaged it to:
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0.

if you cant find then use the search mode from root of sd card

AMS 1.3.2/S (aka CFW) and FW 14.1.2
Do you face the same problem with me?
"My switch is running ATM 1.3.2 and FW 14.1.2. After doing all steps as you mentioned, all code are off but it is very weird. When i play game, for example Fire Emblem Warriors, some code are automatic turn on and off and some cannot turn on and off manually. It is totally randomly. Try to reinstall Edizon and reboot Switch serveral times but it is still the same"

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you face the same problem with me?
"My switch is running ATM 1.3.2 and FW 14.1.2. After doing all steps as you mentioned, all code are off but it is very weird. When i play game, for example Fire Emblem Warriors, some code are automatic turn on and off and some cannot turn on and off manually. It is totally randomly. Try to reinstall Edizon and reboot Switch serveral times but it is still the same"
remove the semi colon before the code ;

Reactions: undoable

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've already did that
so something in your setup is incorrect....have you tried removing all the things relating to atmosphere and doing it from new....Also make sure the files are in the config folder and not in the config templates folder.

Last edited by burhansalih,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete cheats folder in /atmosphere/contents/<gameID>/cheats

@burhansalih’s suggestion about atmosphere is a good one:
  1. Move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
  2. Download new atmosphere.x.x.x.zip
  3. Unzip Atmosphere at the top of your SDCard
  4. Test that your game works w/o cheats now…

undoable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
so something in your setup is incorrect....have you tried removing all the things relating to atmosphere and doing it from new....Also make sure the files are in the config folder and not in the config templates folder.

Delete cheats folder in /atmosphere/contents/<gameID>/cheats

@burhansalih’s suggestion about atmosphere is a good one:
  1. Move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
  2. Download new atmosphere.x.x.x.zip
  3. Unzip Atmosphere at the top of your SDCard
  4. Test that your game works w/o cheats now…
Thank you guy very much, i made it

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But where do you put the cheats into it than? Or are you running the new Atmos without any cheat files at all now?
if he followed our suggestions the atmosphere stack was cleaned up by moving it to the side and a new atmosphere zip was deployed in its place.

The location of the cheats is the same. Highly recommend reading through the cheats docs for the proper location:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/cheats.md

I use Breeze to pull down cheats.

maviyolcu09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatif olarak önce şunu yapın:
Copy "system_settings.ini" from "atmosphere" folder to "atmosphere\config". Make changes to system_settings.ini file, remove semi-colon (; ) from the beginning of this (dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0) line.
thanks man

stivan

Trophies
XP
Country
sdcard:\atmosphere\config\system_settings.ini
if
A) this file exist, look for this line:
Code:
; dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1
change that to:
Code:
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0
notice that the ";" is gone, and that "u8!0x1" is now "u8!0x0"
after saving the changes, try the game again.
(you may need to reboot the switch, if it doesnt look like it working....)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B) this file does not exist, there should a "atmosphere\config_templates\system_settings.ini"
copy that to "atmosphere\config\system_settings.ini" then goto Option A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C) If somehow, you delete "atmosphere\config_templates",(like i did once)
copy and paste what in the spoiler to a file called "system_settings.ini" and put that in "atmosphere\config". now bear in mind, this has the default setting for everything except one thing. there are no comment lines, this is the "bare-bones" minimum to get you started.
[eupld]
[ro]
[atmosphere]
[hbloader]
thank you very much for the detailed explanation. this absolutely worked fine. I even switched the "save cheat toggle status". I guess that will save my cheat toggles after reopening the game.

Reactions: Gamerjin

Freeman93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if he followed our suggestions the atmosphere stack was cleaned up by moving it to the side and a new atmosphere zip was deployed in its place.

The location of the cheats is the same. Highly recommend reading through the cheats docs for the proper location:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/cheats.md

I use Breeze to pull down cheats.
I tried this, and did a clean install of atmosphere, with the system_settings.ini in the correct location and correct values but the cheats still won't go away. I reinstalled edizon/breeze and tried to diable the cheats there again, but still no luck...

Edit: it appears though that only one cheat is still triggering, the rest turned off.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, and did a clean install of atmosphere, with the system_settings.ini in the correct location and correct values but the cheats still won't go away. I reinstalled edizon/breeze and tried to diable the cheats there again, but still no luck...

Edit: it appears though that only one cheat is still triggering, the rest turned off.
Go into that game’s folder in atmosphere/contents and delete the toggles.txt. And maybe pay a visit to Atmosphere’s GitHub thread and read the docs, instead of necro-bumping this thread yet again

Freeman93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Go into that game’s folder in atmosphere/contents and delete the toggles.txt. And maybe pay a visit to Atmosphere’s GitHub thread and read the docs, instead of necro-bumping this thread yet again
Did you read my post at all? I did a clean install of atmosphere, there is no toggles, and no cheats.txt. Also is it not better to ask on an open thread instead of opening yet a new one?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read my post at all? I did a clean install of atmosphere, there is no toggles, and no cheats.txt. Also is it not better to ask on an open thread instead of opening yet a new one?
It's better to read the docs and learn how cheats work, and how to configure Atmosphere. And I get someone bumped this thread the other day, but the last post before that was in January, and the last post before that was August of last year! When there haven't been replies in several months, it's bad etiquette to bump it back to the front of the forums. In that case, it is indeed better to start a new thread, with your specific issue, provided you searched the forum for a similar problem and none of the suggested solutions worked. You can even reference the old thread in the new... just don't bump it.

Anyway, if atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini is set for

and there is no toggles file, then it's impossible for a cheat to be enabled. What cheat shows up as enabled, and how is it written in the file?

Freeman93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's better to read the docs and learn how cheats work, and how to configure Atmosphere. And I get someone bumped this thread the other day, but the last post before that was in January, and. the last post before that was August of last year! When there haven't been replies in several months, it's bad etiquette to bump it back to the front of the forums. In that case, it is indeed better to start a new thread, with your specific issue, provided you searched the forum for a similar problem and none of the suggested solutions worked. You can even reference the old thread in the new... just don't bump it.

Anyway, if atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini is set for

and there is no toggles file, then it's impossible for a cheat to be enabled. What cheat shows up as enabled, and how is it written in the file?
Gotcha, will not do it again then. As per your request I opened a new thread. I did check the atmosphere docs and the cheat implementation specifically, but I have the correct line of code in the system_settings.ini as mentioned in this thread, and the cheat still works. With breeze and edizon reinstalled the cheat does not show as turned on. With the .ini file with the cheats enabled by default turned off I really don't know what else to do. I also deleted the specific cheat from edizon. I tried reinstalling the game to see if it might be game file corruption or something but didn't change anything as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dinoh is life, Dinoh is love! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entire banking info is already in dinohs name
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, It goes like this: Dinoh is love, Dinoh is life.
    +1
    Hmmm does debt transfer in a will? Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk psi does it
    +1
    If it does I am so gonna rack up 100K in debt and leave it to Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jokes on you took out life insurance claim
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Should I put down 5 or 10 years
    Well skydiving with amputee BBW midgets is pretty risky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah not much of an airbag
    That tandem nude one was super risky
    Up in the sky is it a bird, is it a plane? No it's Psi and his junk flapping in the wind!
    +1
    Oh that reminds me I got a date in like an hour and a half, then tomorrow and the next day... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why's a midget glued to your waist that's just my Sargent dangler
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One of my friends is working full time at a Mormon church I asked how many wives were required for that position
    Lol I think you have to buy them or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also said at least you didn't go with the wrong church
    Everyone is screaming oh god in my church lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought that would just be the priest
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Or the pope.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All pope's start as priests many years experience making choir boys sing
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the reasons i said that you deleting your pronouns page was sad is bc when i made my account i realized there was more info when you put "en" before the "pronouns" part in the url of the website and that meant i didnt see all the info on your page, and also bc i would have added you to my circle
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Today's a shitty day
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Today's a shitty day