Hacking edge or acekard?

which do you like more? egde or acekard 2?

• edge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • acekard 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gratefulbuddy said:
You sure got a lot of info about AK2 by just looking at one.
Yeah looking at it tells me the old design was cheap. Looking at the menu actually tells me what u can do with it.
Not owning it wont tell me how many games have problems or dont even work.
As postet before maybe you can give me a clue what is really better with an acekard2.
Is it the feeled faster scrolling ? The set favorites/ autostart on start option ? Or wait it must be the clock and the calendar right ?
Do i need a rom trimmer, filepatcher or filedeleter on a flashcard for real ?
Oh and whats with the properties for real ? If i disable downloadplay games may have issues ? Disable softreset ? for real ?

Sorry i fail to see it really.
Most things i wont need or dont have to care about on an Edge card because it works flawless.
Does Acekard2 have a slomo ( not that i need or use it )? or ez 3in1 support (autopatching browser and rumble games )?

QUOTEMay I ask how many times an AK2 has broken for you? Or can you link to any posts about that happening?

Take a look on dealextreme forums lots of post of dieing/defective Acekards2 in the past.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSAndi said:
gratefulbuddy said:
You sure got a lot of info about AK2 by just looking at one.
Yeah looking at it tells me the old design was cheap. Looking at the menu actually tells me what u can do with it.
Not owning it wont tell me how many games have problems or dont even work.To think you can merely look at something and know its capabilities and shortcomings is ignorant.

QUOTE said:
As postet before maybe you can give me a clue what is really better with an acekard2.I will say it again: I am not taking any stand on which is the better/best flashcart. I am only trying to find the reality in some of the heavily biased opinions in previous posts.

QUOTEReading the topics about problems with Edge would help. Mostly because the user have no clue.
QUOTE(DSAndi @ Oct 20 2008, 11:55 AM)
Take a look on dealextreme forums lots of post of dieing/defective Acekards2 in the past.
You seem to say all problems with AK2 are due to poor build quality, yet all problems with EDGE are "because the user have no clue". That seems biased.

It seems most things in the flashcart world are equal. User decision should be based on features wanted with the realization that very few bad choices can be made. The few bad choices can easily be found by a quick browse through the numerous threads asking "Which is the best?" READ: Most up-to-date flashcarts can play most NDS games fine.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gratefulbuddy said:
To think you can merely look at something and know its capabilities and shortcomings is ignorant.

Would be interesting how you figure out if u dont look at it ?
As for me yes im able to compare booth cards build quality by looks and feels, if ur not well bad luck i guess.
Not owning it does not mean i havent seen it in real.
QUOTE said:
I will say it again: I am not taking any stand on which is the better/best flashcart. I am only trying to find the reality in some of the heavily biased opinions in previous posts.
Why im not surprised i didnt get the answer i wanted ?

QUOTE said:
You seem to say all problems with AK2 are due to poor build quality, yet all problems with EDGE are "because the user have no clue". That seems biased.

If you start to read a lot posts like Problem with egde in the heading you will find out that most posts dont have a problem with the hardware and more with the software. Because ppl dont know how to replace cheat.dat, how to add skins and other things like that. There are very few that seem to have problems with the hardware or software where the user does know what he doesactually.

Heading over to dealextreme forums i see a lot posts about Acekards with Fat error at the beginning or after weeks/months or not booting at all.
Then head over to the Edge forum there and tell me how many posts you see about defective cards compared to the acekard2.

So if a friend ask you what card should i get you will say acekard2 while still knowing it could stop working afer some time or from the beginning or would you suggest a Edge with almost no issues at all ?
Sure acekard2 is cheaper and if it works fine ok,if it dies after 4 month and you have to replace it with another you will spend more money then 1 Edge costs.
Sure this might seem biased and the acekard2 might work fine for years, but just by the looks in different foums the acekard2 problem of faulty cards is still around so i wont suggest it to my friend even if it might have some nicer menu.
It seems most things in the flashcart world are equal. User decision should be based on features wanted with the realization that very few bad choices can be made. The few bad choices can easily be found by a quick browse through the numerous threads asking "Which is the best?" READ: Most up-to-date flashcarts can play most NDS games fine.
Yes i agree with that but that was not the question here. The OP asked Acekard2 or Edge.
I suggested Edge for good reablity.

Beside that your posts seem a lot biased to me. Writing Edge got no updates for 2 months while i posted 1st 10 days ago it just got another update. Maybe check your own knowlege before accusing other ppl to be biased.

minter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
another vote for edge here. Does what it says on the tin, with fast load times (hey, I used to be an ez-flash user) And has run everything I've chucked at it. Software is a breeze, easy skins etc.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
1 vote acekard 2
really nice interface, and easy to use.

plus ive ordered 5 of these in the past, me and my friends havent had a single poroblem with the hardware

double_vision

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol... judging by the scores (edge CLEARLY won) i just ordered the edge from dealextreme.
smile.gif

Romz127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edge.
Although Both of them have small drawbacks, Most Download play games work with edge and with homebrew. Acekard has awsome skins but the build quality sux. Edge is sturdy is not prone to break. edge has great skins also. but overall, i like edge.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4