Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Groundhog Day with powered battle exoskeletons. Get hype.

Trailer oop:

Poster.

Tom Cruise, single-handedly saving the SF genre, for only through the power of SF can we defeat Lord Xenu.

Exoskeletons are all the rage these days, someone finally remake Terra Nova: SFC with working multiplayer this time please ktnx.

Reactions: Ozito

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a solid DVD night. I am still marginally wary after Elysium though, even though I found it amusing enough.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Recently watched Oblivion in glorious 1080p, wasn't that great of a movie but I enjoyed it. Had me thinking a bit about the plot, but I found the shooting/action parts a bit unnecessary, too much work put into that and not enough in the plot.
Just wasn't good enough to really grip me.
Hopefully this doesn't fall into the same trap

Reactions: T-hug

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw Godzilla and Days of Future Past recently and this was in the trailers for both of them. Honestly I think the summer movie season is already done with those two movies because this just looks... uninteresting.

Like it's sci-fi Groundhog Day which I guess sounds kinda interesting but the trailer just looked dull and boring and it's not hard enough sci-fi for me to be interested. Reminds me of yet another recent Tom Cruise sci-fi flick, Oblivion, which was definitely more hard sci-fi and had some nice worldcrafting but the plot was entirely boring.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure I would watch it. The trailer shows Rita is babysitting MC(Tom Cruise) like he has no fucking clue what is going on.

I liked the manga where MC learns that he is in a loop by himself after around 5 iterations. He even shoot himself iirc during the 3rd just to test it out.
He went through 100+ iterations, working hard in improving all by himself. She and Rita only knew each other after he's as strong as Rita is. Rita noticed that he also looping because he was using the same tactic Rita was.
Melee weapons because bullets doesn't really hurt mimics much and pile drivers also need ammo which runs out which causes him to die even though he could stand equal footing with the mimics.

I'm not sure though if those are also changed in the movie.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a Tom Cruise fan, but I'll give this a shot because of the semi-interesting premise. It'll be on Cheap Cineplex Tuesdays doe.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm going to the cinema in about 2:30 hours to watch this movie, I'm looking forward to it.

-EDIT-
Great movie!
It wasn't filled with only hardcore action, but it also had many hilarious scenes too.
I won't say more since hyping movies just kills them with false anticipations.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I downloaded it and watched it last week. It wasn't all that good. A little too predictable for my liking

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched it and it was kinda ok......Cruise seems like a weeny at first really a coward at heart but after the about the third Death he picks up the notion of him repeating again n again but like Oblivion its pretty predictable and boring

I give it a "Meh" :mellow:

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Watched it last week, definitely enjoyable/worthwhile.
Liked the concept and the humour they put in it, although the ending definitely needs some more explanation.

D

Deleted_171835

Really really good and miles better than Oblivion. The ending is a little unclear but overall, I really liked it.

ExplodingJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vidzi.me
XP
Country
United States
This is the most overlooked movie of the summer. Can't believe this didn't do well at the box office. Funny, thrilling, clever, smart, well acted and endlessly entertaining. A great popcorn sci-fi flick! 8.4/10 on the sci-fi/action scale.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...