Hacking EDGE MoonShell 2 Exit To Firmware

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently downloaded MoonShell 2 beta 8.2 off, well, here, and I was really awed at the new features (Memo, ClearType, play all MP3 in this folder or entire MicroSD?!) since I haven't updated my MoonShell 2 for a long time. Although, the thing I was most excited about was the fact that MoonShell 2, like the original, could go back to firmware without having to reset the DS. As in, I mean I read the resetmse readme and saw that the EDGE.nds exit to firmware NDS was there and came from an official source. But it doesn't work, and displays a message only familiar to me through accidentally trying to run NDS programs with the original MoonShell:

"not support adapter type."

It's not really much of a problem, but I think it'd be really great if it was fixed. That or I'm doing something wrong, which is why I'll mention the fact that I reformatted my MicroSD (4G, FAT32) and placed only the newest EDGE OS (v1.45) and the original MoonShell that's on the EDGE Downloads page.

Help please?
unsure.gif

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know that; it's just odd to see that this EDGE resetmse that comes with the 8.2 package says that it came from an official source, yet doesn't work on mine. Now I'm thinking that it might be related to the EDGE OS firmware version or some special formatting of the MicroSD? Dunno really v_v

RyRyAP2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue with my Wife's DS...
I boot up moonshell...
press start to exit to firmware...
and then it reads...

"MicroSD card is not formatted with FAT16 or FAT32. Please format the MicroSD card before using with EDGE"

I tried Reformatting the MicroSD to FAT32...
Reinstalled the latest version of the firmware (v1.45) and then the latest version of Moonshell...

and it still gives me the same issue...

I can play games fine, its just when i exit moonshell to get into the Firmware, it gives me that reformat instruction

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to Moonlight himself, he says that he got reports of soft-reset working and not working, so I guess we'll have to wait for further betas (or maybe the final version) when it comes to soft-reset files. It'd still be pretty nice to have right about now though, can't deny that
happy.gif

RyRyAP2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well i got it to work fine again...

i just backed up my files in the MicroSD on to my laptop...
reformatted the card to FAT32...
redownloaded Firmware v1.45 and copied to microSD...
redownloaded Moonshell Edge v1.71 release 2 and copied to microSD...
put all backed up games, saves, and skins into the appropriate areas...
booted up Edge...went to Moonshell...
soft reset it (press start)...
and viola! it works...

hope this helps
yaynds.gif

barf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the reset.mse file which came with moonshell 1.71 and renamed it EDGE.nds and stuck it in the resetmse folder. Works with latest moonshell 2 beta11.

Cheers!

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argh, I don't get it. Why is it NOT working with my EDGE? This is MoonShell 2 Beta 10, with renamed reset.mse from the EDGE MoonShell 1.71 package. I'm using a 4GB Kingston MicroSD for what it's worth.

...do I have to DLDI something?
wacko.gif

barf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not doing anything special. Just rename the reset.mse file from Moonshell 1.71 to EDGE.nds. Copy this EDGE.nds file into the \moonshl2\resetmse\ folder. Pressing the start button brings up a menu - choose exit to firmware (or something like that). Works on 3 NDS lites all running v1.45 Edge firmware. Two are using 4GB, class 4 Kingston, and one is using 8GB class 2 Patriot micro SDHC.

Didn't do anything with DLDI.

Works with both beta11 and beta12. Haven't tried with the stable version yet, but I have confidence that it will work for this too since the stable version is basically the same as beta12.

Did you try reformatting you card?

Barf

barf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this also works on the moonshell 2 stable version. Works on all 3 of our DSs. Just upgraded the other two to 8GB patriot cards in order to hold more movies
smile.gif

Barf

mipf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you uppload the exatc reset.mse that your using? becuase, it doesnt work on me too. EDGE 1.45, Moonshell 2 Beta 12, Moonshell 2 Stable, i did the rename on reset.mse from moonshell 1.71, renamed that as EDGE.nds.. put it in the reset.mse folder, when i tried the exit to firmware, it just goes blue screen on the bottom screen with a bunch of codes or sumthing.

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Barf... I used the EDGE.nds file you posted to reboot back to the EDGE OS from Moonshell and it works..... but..... is says the EDGE OS version is 1.D.... what version is this? I thought it was suppose to reboot to the EDGE OS which should be v1.5... not 1.D.... is v1.D an older version of the EDGE OS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative