Hacking Edge 1.8 wiped some of my memory

panncakes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned my Nintendo Ds for the first time in a month today, with the EDGE v1.8 on it. it worked normally. Then, I got the sd card and plugged it to my computer, to organize my stuff. I got a windows message asking me to fix problems in the usb drive, I pressed yes. When I check my games, most of them are gone. What's really weird is that they are still eating up more than half of my USB memory, even thought they are not there. Where have these files gone?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like your MicroSD card needs a full format. Try using the Panasonic SD Formatter to run a full format on it. I'm not even sure you could or would want to rescue anything off of it, as many parts of it may be potentially corrupted for one reason or another.

Don't forget to update to Edge 2.0 when you reapply the firmware.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
When files get lost into the MicroSD card like that, there are no ways to recover them that I'm aware of. Obviously you can wait until somebody else comes along with a different solution if you don't want to full format.

It is a problem with the MicroSD card though and not the firmware.

panncakes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I formatted it, and as expected it really worked... Too bad I lost half of my stuff. Thanks for the help.

EDIT - Problems solved, nevermind.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...ah, a lesson i've learned the hard way. now i make it a habit of a.) manually doing backup of saves on the microSD using DSorganize, and b.) regularly copying my backups to the computer. especially when you feel like you've made considerable headway or have invested some hours in. more so in games where you have limited chances of saving (ie, can't save anywhere).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @K3Nv2 Hi