ED64 Plus... my impressions. Any Owners around here?

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So after all, has any of the owners here had a hardware defect yet ? Mine still works fine and actually i can only LOL when i read cheap hardware parts and cheap quality from the posts back then.
Also a new Everdrive V3 costs in a german onlineshop 165€ plus shipping. For that price i can actually buy 3 ED64plus on aliexpress and have still money leftover.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mine for over a year. The only problem is how tight it is when removing it from the 64. I always take it slow when I shimmy it out.

l1rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just got mine yesterday. But I'm not sure it works. I've put the OS on an SD card under the ED64P folder. And drag n dropped a few roms in the mail folder of the SD card. But nothing seems to happen when I plug it in my N64 (pal).
Does anyone have any idea if there's something obvious I could have done wrong?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine yesterday. But I'm not sure it works. I've put the OS on an SD card under the ED64P folder. And drag n dropped a few roms in the mail folder of the SD card. But nothing seems to happen when I plug it in my N64 (pal).
Does anyone have any idea if there's something obvious I could have done wrong?

Which game did you put in top of it?

l1rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried 3 of them(at the same time), because I wasn't sure which file extension would work.
These three; Paper Mario.z64, Paper Mario.z64, Super Smash Bros.n64. I also renamed the files themselves (they had regional info in the filename), not the file extensions though.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant what cartridge did you put in the top of the N64plus? IMGP3166.jpg

l1rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just tried but didn't work.
I was hoping I missed something obvious. Perhaps I just bought a faulty cartridge then. :(

gibranx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all!
i have buy an ed64plus cart for my n64 pal...its work AWESOME!!!!!!!! BUT WORK without cart on top!!!!!!
ITS SOLID!!!!!! VERY STRONG!

BUT................
dont' put cart on top!
rear the ed64ples i see a cic 7101 (pal)

i have resolve all the problem...thi is my guide...

1 FIRST YOUR TV...
your tv is an old CRT PAL? to play the PAL ROM (attention) you config (in the ed64plus menu) and set PAL

if your tv is a lcd tv it can detect automatically PAL or NTSC signal, and you can play ntsc rom or pal without problem

if you play ntsc rom on old CRT PAL tv the games have graphics and color problem and the ED64plus crash

In the SD CARD create a folder ED64P and put:
OS64P.V64
and any rom (v.64, n.64, .z64, USA or euro, the ed64plus read all!) but NOT ZIPPED!

REMBER...DONT PUT CART ON TOP....ITS WORK WITHOUT CART (my version have on the rear the chip cic 7101 sold)

REMBER...... OS64P.V64 or dont work!!!!

sorry for my english

i hope help you!

Last edited by gibranx,

gibranx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wow alt64!

for everyone have difficulty to use ed64plus, rember to put in ED64P folder (create this folder manually in your SD card)
the file called OS64P.V64 (this file is in cd in the box of ed64plus, or download it )

here a review with instruction
http://www.nesworld.com/n64-everdrive64plus.php

here the os64p.v64 file unzip e put in ED64P folder

Attachments

• OS64P.V64.zip
    143.4 KB · Views: 535

filevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello, i bought the new latest ed64 plus without the need for cartridge on top, instead it has the P - N switch on top

i got an 8gb fat32 formatted brand new sdcard and put the gui files that came on the cd with it in the folder ED64p, and put my games in the root, i put it in and put the cartridge in and turned it on and i just get a black screen nothing more, nothing happens

does that mean the cartridge is faulty?

thanker you

Last edited by filevans,

filevans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the OS64P.V64 in there too?
yes inside the ed64p folder, i copied the whole folder from the cd that came with it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it says in the manual that if the files are missing a message comes up (and shows a screenshot of it) but no message comes up, nothing at all is happening, ive tried blowing inside the connectors and also inserted different ways loads of times

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between the original everdrive 64 and everdrive 64 plus? I have a everdrive 64v3 from krikzz shop website.

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1