Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Earthquake on east coast is rare, no ?

I imagine more California region to have earthquake as they are on a earth plaque border.

5.9 is not catastrophic in civilized and anti-seismic constructed area, but it starts to be felt quite well by people.
Then it all depend the length (time) and earth wave direction to create destruction.

I'm also on a border and have earthquake regularly (a big every 5~10 years). We had magnitude 6 once too, they made us stay outside of school while they inspected all the buildings for cracked walls, but all was fine
tongue.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Why do topics like these get pushed to General Off-Topic? Is it because of the setup or is it because it's not video game related?

dgwillia said:
Anyone watching CNN? I think i just saw something unintentionally hilarious (Not to make fun of an emergency or anything)
What did you see? I watched a video earlier of a man who was speaking and thought it was a terrorist attack while just behind him is another man with a Turban smiling away on his cell phone.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebz said:
Why do topics like these get pushed to General Off-Topic? Is it because of the setup or is it because it's not video game related?

because this thread is general, and "off-topic" for a gaming forum.
Derp?

My friend felt the earthquake and seemed freaked out.
I lol'd after I saw it was just a minor earthquake.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Nebz said:

because this thread is general, and "off-topic" for a gaming forum.
That's great and all but I still don't see why this topic is chosen out of dozens that follow the same guidelines. There's constantly news not video game related but yet this topic, or a topic such as the one about Officers beating some man to death, are just pushed below. If it's just because it's not video game related then that's just kind of... stupid... seeing as how there are plenty of other topics not related also.

I'd maybe understand if it was more of a strict problem with the topic not being in the correct format... maybe
unsure.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I get it. It got moved from news?

Then, it's because the earthquake was no big deal and the first post was terrible. It's just "There was an earthquake"
which is essentially all there was to report...since this was more of an interesting topic then a news story.

Z

Zorua

AlanJohn said:
I didn't feel anything too...
unsure.gif
That's because you're in Ukraine. *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm glad that everything is fine.

We face an earthquake once a year, fyi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol