Early alpha build of Skate 4 leaks, EA tells fans to not download it

mdlsadm.png

EA is having trouble with a leak of its new, still-in-development Skate game. After having hosted a playtest of what the developers referred to as a "pre-pre-pre-alpha" build of the game, EA asked for fans to offer their input on the physics, animations, and level layouts. Given how early in development the studio considered this June 2022 build was, it might be shocking to hear that there was an alpha build from nearly a year ago--September 2021--and not only that, but that version has leaked online as well. EA responded to the leak by telling fans to not download it, warning that it would go against EA's terms of service.

We’re aware of an earlier version of the game that has been distributed without our authorization. This build is from September 2021 and was never intended for external use. While we understand you’re excited to get into the game, we encourage you to be careful when downloading files from unknown sources (and remind you of the potential consequences of breaking EA’s Terms of Service). The best way to get the chance to play is by signing up for skate. insider playtesting here as we continue to invite more and more players into the game throughout the year.

:arrow: Source

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a big skate 3 fan, and will probably just keep playing that.
It's not skate 4 btw, the video in the OP explicitly says it's just called "skate."
It getting a mobile port is worrying, and I'm afraid clothes will be locked behind microtransations. Still, I'm surprised they allowed the streamer interviewer in the video to say he's "still worried" about the game after hearing all that.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the posts in the thread seem to be an emotional response to the implication in the headline of this article. Yet, nothing in the linked source has EA saying don't download it. They clearly say be careful of downloading from unknown sources. I'm no fan of EA's practices (and I'm not even convinced they didn't "leak" this themselves for publicity) but shoddy journalism bugs me. If there's another source where they are directly saying don't download it then I'm happy to retract my sentiments.

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going based off what I'm seeing, I'm excited, then again, I'm not one to get bent out of shape over cosmetics being paid for, depending on how its done of course. Also hate the fact its online only!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!