War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"All of these quotes come from EA CEO John Riccitiello during EA’s conference call…"

QUOTE said:
“Gross profit in all three labels”–EA Sims/Play, EA Sports and EA Games–”looks strong in the coming year.” EA CEO

“Wii is the market leader–they’re getting half of our emphasis in terms of title count.”

We’re launching Tennis initially Wii-only.”

“We’re bringing core intellectual property to the Wii.”

“You live, you learn you adjust and improve. This year’s title slate (of Wii games) is a significant improvement from last year.”

EA Wii market share - five percent revenue growth, no market share growth (paraphrased)

EA is also porting Dead Space to the Wii. You can read about it in Gaming News in the front page!

Source

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how good Dead Space on Wii can be.... :S

After all, much of the interest of Dead Space was its graphics/atmosphere... Sure, gameplay is the most important thing, but then... Dead Space gameplay wasn't THAT good (like Resident Evil 4, but less good). With this and the poor-looking Dead Rising Wii... it look like developpers don't take the time to think about how to make a good Wii game; they just give us a downgraded port of one of their successful "hardcore" games.

frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am incredibly excited -- giddy -- about this news. And I think the game could work great on Wii. It shares many similar gameplay sensibilities as RE4, and the Wii controls should work well in this case.

More importantly, however, it's a turning point. Sure, we've seen other "core" games come to Wii, and Square's announcement of DQX was huge. But this probably marks the first big step from a western developer in terms of hardcore games on Wii. We're not talking about Red Steel or Tenchu here. This is a hugely vested, new IP that EA has bet some bones on, and it's a statement about where they're headed in the future for this generation. I think others will inevitably fall in line.

Very, very good news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night