OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
-EA challenges MGS4

Plenty of reference to make it obvious enough for anyone. I found it very amusing.
Battlefield Bad Company innately has good dose of humour I guess (perhaps there's a hint in the title?
tongue.gif
)

I don't know though, Lucas Arts betrayed PC gamers and now Battlefield betrays PC gamers.
Maybe more people will buy consoles now but that's not necessarily positive if all they're gonna do is whine about how expensive machines run Battlefield at crap resolution and graphics.
Too many so-called "PC gamers" use games as a way to show off their machines instead of playing games to have fun.
(And hypnotises self into believing his gonna-be-obsolete-in-two-years-anyway machine is a better investment than a Civic)

-MS takes action
According to gameindustry.biz, a "reliable source" from Microsoft has stated that there'll be price drop on 360 in an attempt to slow down soaring PS3 sales since MGS4 launch. In addition to price drop, a 60GB HDD mounted 360 will be revealed.

Is that going to be like 6th SKU (excluding limited editions)? And the chipsets are like 90nm, Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper... Damn whoever coming up with all these variations must be getting a raise.

If they drop a lot, I might buy an extra 360 for HDMI connection and sell current one or rent it to my girlfriend or something.

P.S. So Nintendo is going like "WHAT? MGS4 AND PS3 ARE SELLING LIKE CRAZY? *looks at figures* Pffft, that's nothing let them try." ?

P.S.2. I don't really get this MGS4 thing, "stealth action adventure" seems like a heavily hit-or-miss kind of genre. I know it's a miss for me..

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of people play mgs for the cinema... well thats what I played 2 for... Though I didn't really like the gameplay that much...

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha, that's really quite funny. Agreed, I played MGS2 and I couldn't get into it. The boss battles and the story were awesome. But I just hate stealth games and timed missions. No idea why though, maybe I just hate being on edge or something. In any case, if I ever play the PS3 I'll give MGS4 a go. If I don't like that, I obviously just don't like MGS.

And w00t at 360 prices coming down, I might finally buy one. Though i convinced myself the new PC I bought was an alternative to the 360. Since then a load of awesome 360 titles have been announced which aren't coming to PC. Obviously that just means Banjo-Kazooie, I HAVE to play that
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
"i'll figure this out" yeah that's the american way of doing things, just destroy and shoot, and think later.

deathfisaro said:
Is that going to be like 6th SKU (excluding limited editions)? And the chipsets are like 90nm, Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper... Damn whoever coming up with all these variations must be getting a raise.

if they fix the RROD problem for good (highly unlikely) then i can buy one purely for modding, i won't hold my breath that it happens though.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Supposedly every time MS changes the chipset, it decreases the chance of RROD.
But I've seen a brand new Arcade getting RROD in two days, when Arcade is supposed to be less likely to get RROD compared to Core/Premium.
(Either the store sold a bootlegged console, or MS is still doing a shitty job)

If MS ever fixes RROD, that can only mean one thing: they ditched the 360 and released a new xbox.
Until then, you're stuck with 360s that are "better than before."

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ultimate RROD fix. I just don't play my elite at all anymore. Yeah, that's as good a fix they'll ever have.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
"i'll figure this out" yeah that's the american way of doing things, just destroy and shoot, and think later.

"I'll flame americans" yeah that's the british way of doing things, just flame when viewing an obvious joke, and think later.

lol

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm considering buying a PS3 then get a 360 later when the price drops. Kinda reverse the situation a few months ago.

Mewgia said:
jalaneme said:
"I'll flame americans" yeah that's the british way of doing things, just flame when viewing an obvious joke, and think later.

lol
Don't drop to jalaneme's level.

lol

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
If they cut prices on the 360, I might get one too =)
Call me a traitor, I consider myself a multi platform gamer.
(I already have a DS and a PSP too=)

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Price cut on consoles is a really good strategy.

It goes like this:

Hey, look, the console price dropped by 50 bucks I just want to play Fable 2 so it's not gonna cost me too much; I can still buy my PS3/Wii/DS/PSP games even if I add a 360 to the pack.

*buys 14 games in 2 days*

Oh crap, I'm dead broke and can't afford to buy Gran Turismo 5... Sorry Polyphony...

That actually happened to me. (No not exactly 14 games in 2 days) I was paying really close attention to general console game releases, but after buying one I found out there were so many decent games I overlooked before.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I really REALLY wanted this for the PC, as it looked awesome.

VVoltz™ said:
If they cut prices on the 360, I might get one too =)
Call me a traitor, I consider myself a multi platform gamer.
(I already have a DS and a PSP too=)
Yo, yo, yo, my gangsta home slice, that can be a line in a rap song.
ninja.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LOL. Funny stuff.

And since the 360 is finally having a price cut, I'll get one with a few good games. Surprisingly, my friend who had his 360 on for 8 hours straight (Lan party) and it was still alive.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
LOL. Funny stuff.

And since the 360 is finally having a price cut, I'll get one with a few good games. Surprisingly, my friend who had his 360 on for 8 hours straight (Lan party) and it was still alive.

There's an achievement in Dead Rising that forces you to run the game for at least 14 hours straight (it's called 7-day survivor, 1 day in-game is 2 hours real time, and you can't save and quit during this survival mode)
Long sessions don't always kill the 360 immediately.

One time I was running either a game or Folding@Home on my PS3 for 60 hours straight. (When I was using it, I played games, when I was away I ran F@H)
Nothing really happened. I never did that again, because it wasn't as interesting as I expected. And I'm never going to do that on my 360.
(Well I can't think of anything on 360 that will put some load on CPU/GPU even when I'm away. Letting the console repeat the main menu of a random game while I'm sleeping doesn't sound too appetizing)

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
I'm considering buying a PS3 then get a 360 later when the price drops. Kinda reverse the situation a few months ago.

Mewgia said:
jalaneme said:

lol
Don't drop to jalaneme's level.

lol
It was an obvious parody

lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1