e-Shop Super Mario Bros. gets an update (In Japan)

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Japan's 3DS eShop will offer another of the NES "Ambassador" games for sale next week -- an act that also means an updated version of the app for those who downloaded it for free. Following last week's release of The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. will be available on January 5. Those without 3DS diplomatic immunity will have to pay ¥500 ($6.44).
The updated eShop versions of the Ambassador games add multiplayer, save state and sleep mode support and instruction manuals. So far, no NES games have been released on the eShop outside of Japan.
Makes me want a japanese 3DS more and more ._. .Source (Joystiq): http://www.joystiq.c...lease-in-japan/

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You can change controllers in the Ambassador version, but I don't recall any multiplayer options.

If they really support wifi multiplayer now... I want NES Contra! XD

EDIT: as for the manuals, all Ambassador titles have em, but the NES games have a barebones control reference, and that's it. The GBA ones however include a finished product manual specific to the game, which is a very likely sign of later eShop distribution.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather they'd release Super Mario Bros DX instead. They've re-released this NES game way too many times.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change controllers in the Ambassador version, but I don't recall any multiplayer options.

If they really support wifi multiplayer now... I want NES Contra! XD

EDIT: as for the manuals, all Ambassador titles have em, but the NES games have a barebones control reference, and that's it. The GBA ones however include a finished product manual specific to the game, which is a very likely sign of later eShop distribution.
They did? I didn't know the GBA ambassador games came with manuals. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...