Hacking E-Shop Error after region changed Emunand

MiseryXYZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am trying to connect to the eshop, I am getting the Error Code: 005 5958.

My current Setup:
Sysnand: 11.0.0-33E with A9LH
Emunand: 11.0.0-33U
CFW: Luma 6.1.1

What I did so far: I installed A9LH on my o3DS. After a while I decided to keep the sysnand as clean as possible and did a restore of the original_sysnad (which is a 9.0.0.X dump) with decrypt9 with the a9lh option on).

Afterwards I took the original_sysnad and made a emunand with it. Than I followed this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing. I flashed the ctrnand US region image into the EU emunand, changed the Secure_A to U, booted into emunand, did a system format through the settings, rebooted and set the region, than I updated to 11.0.0-33U and did a system format through the settings again. (This was pointless, but I wanted to be sure)

What did I wrong? Is this setup even possible?

EDIT: I forgot: After the Error occurred the first time, I thought maybe link a fresh created NNID would solve the problem. Even the email confirmation has been activated... the same error keeps repeating and prevents me to connect to the shop

Last edited by MiseryXYZ,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
That"s normal, however you can enable it in an Original 3DS (you can"t in a New 3DS without patches instead).
Do this first enter in your original region eShop with an NNID, then inject a blank nnidsave.bin or use a backup without an NNID in it and enter the eShop, the eShop will thrown you an error, if you get the error shutdown the console. Now enter to the eShop in the region changed Nand and you will be able to enter it.
Note that this only works for Original 3DS models.

Last edited by Clector,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

MiseryXYZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty for the reply!

Okay, so If I had understand your statement correct(?), the problem is that my original NAND (sysNAND, which is btw able to connect to the shop, but is not linked with NNID? Maybe the clean image is not as clean as mentioned? (NNID data stored? even after reset and ctrl nand flash?))

This drives me crazy, because I thought its as clean as a a9lh configuration can be (no fbi, no cias or any modification except the a9lh loader hack for the sysnand) prevent my emunand, which is created by flashing the ctrl image on a “clean sys image” ?

Maybe I can’t even understand these simple patterns ….. Or Nintendo implemented the most useless system format option ever made by mankind (I am frustrated now… but I know it was never intended to change region...)

If this theory is correct, you can not have two different accounts linked even if its a different region? So the console header (however the name is, something like a MAC-Adress) won't change after a region change? And is hard linked with a Nintendo Server?

Did not expect that, because its a deep system change indeed...

Furthermore, if this is true the whole setup is useless. I wanted to connect to the US region, because I wanted to enjoy us serves and games.... but don’t want to lose the ability to connect to my european friends….

In the meanwhile I did a format with tinyformat and a reset in the menu of the emunand again. Same Problem keep repeating....

can some confirm this absurd theory made up by me?

EDIT: After some research I found this topic: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-bypass-nnid-bans-miiverse-online-eshop-etc.417999/

So MAC Adress change seems to be the only proper way to do it. Since I run LUMA CFW i am able to run unsigned Secure A files! This should finally unlink my nands absolutely

Last edited by MiseryXYZ,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry for the slow reply, well the problem here is that the eShop already have in the server your NNID and the console account ID, but because how accounts seems to works that method works in Original 3DS but not in "New" 3DS ("New" 3DS consoles seems to manage them in a different way in some parts so that"s why it doesn"t works in a New 3DS without patching it), however I"m not sure exactly what is the cause because that works in an Original 3DS in theory it since I can"t see how exactly the server manages this.
You can have two linked at the same time but because yes the console id and other unique files keeps the same and you can"t change them you can only have enabled one region service at the time (Online Play and NNID works without the need of do this but others as eShop can"t and you need to do what I say before to can enable them).
By the way the MAC aren"t going to change it and it"s seems to be linked to console unique id"s and identificators that you can"t change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Materia_tofu, i have asperger and it makes me part of the (zx) spectrum