Dying...

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Half of my brain cells are probably dead by the time I finish this message, so please excuse the inconsistency that may appear in the future.  So I started working today at some meat plant, the job consists of constantly carrying 60lbs of weight.  The pay was not bad, but this is what happened today.  I when to work, started carrying the packages back and forth and thought it was an easy job…  I was dead wrong.  After about 4 hours I can not feel my arms anymore.  By the time it was 8 hours, my arms didn’t belong to me.  I went home after 8 hours, and started to feel my arms again.  Feeling relived and everything, but that was very stupid of me.  Right after I got back to my house, I started to feel extreme muscular pain in my arms, it didn’t stop.  I was in unimaginable pain…  I had some pain killers left, I took about 5 of them and after 30mins the pain slowly went away.  Anyone know what might happen tomorrow if I go work again?  Anyone suggest a better way than pain killers?
dunno, dont work so hard. but this is really manly job! carrying killed animals around
wink.gif

edit: i hope i understood right, meat plant is like meat-packing factory right?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Stay there. It's like getting paid to go to the gym. Sure, it'll be hell the first week or two, but after a while, you'll get used to it. And get buff.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember working for work experience in a bakery and they asked me to carry these HUGE sacks of flour and no matter how much I strained, I can't even drag it across the floor. And it wasn't one sack. It was more like 15 of them. Yeah, I got called a wimp. But the arm pains will go away. I got something like that after playing Samba De Amigo for way too long and I can't move my arm due to the pain the next day.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can survive two weeks, you will become a very strong person. That muscle pain you're feeling is like what you get from working out too much. After awhile, you will start to notice a difference in your physique and the days will become easier to get through.

In the long run, it will be good for you. The first week will be absolute hell though.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a lot of things that you can do to help this, actually.
1) Good diet.
Keep your meals well rounded, 6-8 meals a day (decent sized, not big meals). This will help give your body the energy that it needs to keep the weight up all day. Might be a problem though, as you're at work. However, here in Canada most jobs (especially in factories), give you a break every 4 hours, not including lunch. Hopefully our work does the same. (By the way, which city are you in?)
2) Sleep.
Get some really good sleep in, every night. About 8-9 hours should suffice. Your body produces a lot more growth hormones after your first 3-4 hours of sleep, so your muscles will rebuild & grow a lot faster if you sleep more.
3) Stretching.
Stretching before you go to work for 15-30 minutes can be really helpful, in the sense that you'll be less likely to pull a muscle, or strain one.
4) Flexibility.
Being flexible will probably also be helpful to you, much the same as stretching would.

And with that, Legend's Legendary 4 Step Program To Success, is complete.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol. You sounded all serious at "i couldn't feel my arms" and i was worried for you, but judging by the continuation of this topic it was an exaggeration! fool!

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Wow, this is amazing! The second day had waaay more loads than yesterday, although the arm hurts a little in the morning, the afternoon, it went away. Today's job felt easier, eventhough there were much more loads. The only thing that bothered me was the repacking I had to do after carrying 1.5 tons of the wrong type of meat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging