ROM Hack Dying Light PC to Switch Save Transfer - Super Easy!

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've just gotten Dying Light and I can confirm that PC saves transfer fine!

Just:

1. Open the game and play until you can walk around the building (it autosaves and creates a save file).

2. Close the game

3. Open Checkpoint (or whatever you use to manage saves)

4. Backup the save for the game (the save consists of three files - profile_languages_settings.dat, profile_settings.dat, and save_coop_0.sav)

5. Extract your save from PC - this may be in "%USERNAME%\Documents\Steam\CODEX\239140\" depending on how you installed, it's easiest to just search for "239140"

6. Inside "239140" there are several folders - navigate to storage > out > save

7. Copy the save_coop_0.sav file and transfer it to the folder on your switch where the save is backed up (For Checkpoint it is in sdroot > switch > Checkpoint > Dying Light) - overwrite the file

8. Go into Checkpoint (or your save manager) and restore the save

Reactions: MultiKoopa

ClericJay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transferred myself about a day or 2 ago... looking for a trainer type of save at 0% completion....I wanna play the game from the start but cheat as I see fit...know of any out in the wild? Please add a link if possible & thank you!

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to use a save manager first, like JKSV, to dump the saves
When I use DB installer I can access the saves directly, I don't even have to take the SD card out of my switch. That works great, but it's usb and I'm trying to go extra extra convenience and do it via wifi. I guess DB installer mounts the SD or something?

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use DB installer I can access the saves directly, I don't even have to take the SD card out of my switch. That works great, but it's usb and I'm trying to go extra extra convenience and do it via wifi. I guess DB installer mounts the SD or something?
DBI actually mounts the "internal" memory of the Emummc

no wifi app can do that as far as I know

Reactions: Shoruk3n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s