ROM Hack Dying Light All Versions, PC Saves Crashes Switch Version of the Game

gcseed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dying-light-pc-to-switch-save-transfer-super-easy.601608/

In that post, they said I can simply transfer the PC version back to switch and it will work... however, I spent all day on this, and still can't make it work

Things I tried so far:
1. I tired Dying Light Switch Ver 1.0.1, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 with PC version 1.44, 1.45, and 1.46, can't make it work...
2. Mix matched the version, PC (ver 1.44, 1.45, 1.46) can load Switch Save just fine, but Switch can't load PC save, it reads it at menu screen, but when I hit continue, it will crash at loading
3. Tried both Steam version and cracked CODEX version saves on PC, no luck
4. Fresh installed the game several times on both Switch and PC, no luck
5. Tried both JKSV and Checkpoint, but same result
6. Tried fresh start from Switch, then transfer to PC, reads the save, then transfer save back to Switch, it crashes at save loading screen.
7. Tried a different (Original V1 Switch) same result... (my main switch is OLED modchip one).
8. Rebuilt a brand new fresh EmuNand on OLED switch, and same result (on all versions -- 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3). It crashes even loading a fresh PC save)

If anyone has any solution to this, it would be simply amazing!! Thanks a million!

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dying-light-pc-to-switch-save-transfer-super-easy.601608/

In that post, they said I can simply transfer the PC version back to switch and it will work... however, I spent all day on this, and still can't make it work

Things I tried so far:
1. I tired Dying Light Switch Ver 1.0.1, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 with PC version 1.44, 1.45, and 1.46, can't make it work...
2. Mix matched the version, PC (ver 1.44, 1.45, 1.46) can load Switch Save just fine, but Switch can't load PC save, it reads it at menu screen, but when I hit continue, it will crash at loading
3. Tried both Steam version and cracked CODEX version saves on PC, no luck
4. Fresh installed the game several times on both Switch and PC, no luck
5. Tried both JKSV and Checkpoint, but same result
6. Tried fresh start from Switch, then transfer to PC, reads the save, then transfer save back to Switch, it crashes at save loading screen.
7. Tried a different (Original V1 Switch) same result... (my main switch is OLED modchip one).
8. Rebuilt a brand new fresh EmuNand on OLED switch, and same result (on all versions -- 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3). It crashes even loading a fresh PC save)

If anyone has any solution to this, it would be simply amazing!! Thanks a million!

I remember i had this same issue and i seen this

Switch is on Version 1.43.0, so if you install that PC Version you can freely transfer any save data between PC and Switch.
(Latest PC Version is 1.45.0, the 3rd Hellraid Update / Van Crane DLC, which is NOT compatible with Switch)

As i said any mod that works on PC, also works on Switch, this includes weapon mods, i don't have any on my current save/mods, but i tested adding the Grappling Hook to the Hellraid Inventory via PC Memory Editing and it works perfectly.

gcseed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember i had this same issue and i seen this
Thank you for your replay! I actually already tried 1.43.0. Switch version 1.0.3 introduced Hellraid update, which makes the PC version unable to read the switch file (It will show as incompatible).. but the PC save from 1.43 does work on Switch, just not the other way around unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.