Hacking DVDX 2 question

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DVDX does not replace IOS36 in any way. (The older versions carried the title ID "DVDX", and the newest one uses the title ID "DISC".)

If you'e asking if DVDX can use something besides IOS36, the answer is no. It's hardcoded to use IOS36 because it apparently had some issues with (at the very least) IOS37.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
What's DVDX 2, now? Is it any quicker/better at playing DVDs than DVDX previously was?

Its the new one with a different title ID so System Menu 4.2 doesn't delete it. I don't think there are any other differences. It does not work with programs that use DVDx 1 and have no been updated (they can't find they title ID).

Posts merged

I'm guessing your a cIOScorp user and you want DVDx for an IOS like lets say 236, so it works? In short, IOS36 on slot 236 or what is it he uses (216?)

Halo_Killer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
loesjoel said:
What's DVDX 2, now? Is it any quicker/better at playing DVDs than DVDX previously was?

Its the new one with a different title ID so System Menu 4.2 doesn't delete it. I don't think there are any other differences. It does not work with programs that use DVDx 1 and have no been updated (they can't find they title ID).

Posts merged

I'm guessing your a cIOScorp user and you want DVDx for an IOS like lets say 236, so it works? In short, IOS36 on slot 236 or what is it he uses (216?)

Yes, that's the reason for my question. Everything on my Wii is working fine now because DVDX 1 is using ios 201, but I don't know of any way to change which ios DVDX 2 uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI