"DVD read error (324)." On wiigator 3.Gamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by EddyWally, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Shichibukai

Shichibukai GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2008
    Teeworlds!
    Then Get Sony, it works for me [​IMG] (imagine it with a wii LOL)

2. EddyWally
    OP

EddyWally Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    Belgium
    Thanks.

3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    The real "Eddy Wally" would say:

"GEWEEELDIIIIIIGGGGG"!

4. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I don't think it has anything to do what brand is the DVD... Verbatim, Sony or anything else.. I've tried 4 different brands and they all work, but I use Verbatim simply because it's the cheapest...

Sony : 10DVD Cakebox : 15.90€

Verbatim : 50DVD Cakebox : 17.90€ ( Something like 20$ )

[​IMG]

5. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Not here in Be.

We got special taxes on it:

Verbatim 16X 50pc.
    1x = € 49.20

Most DVD-R or DVD+R are around those prices here.

Because of the special tax, most foreign shops don't ship empty dvd media to Belgium, there afraid the'll have to pay a much higher ticket if the get caughed

6. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Wtf that's expensive shit. Well.. It costs around 40€ for 50pcs Verbatim 16X DVD-R media aswell in here.. But I can order them from Estonia for dirt cheap.. Well there's 7€ shipping fees but still.. It's atleast 50% cheaper.

Also, look at here. On the Shipping Info page it says they ship to Belgium, it's 28€ for 100DVD Cakebox. Not sure of shipping costs though.. But can't be that much..

Same applies for topic starter since they ship to Netherlands too if you want to order online instead of picking up some from a shop.

7. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium

8. BIG MOE

BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    why you guys like to confuse the newbies with the Whole DVD+r and set booktype to so and so and use bitsettings ....etc , just tell them use a good quality media DVD-r and you are set , nice simple and clean , and enjoy your games [​IMG]

9. aceplayer97

aceplayer97 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    i had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I was using DVD-RW and they did not work. I went out and bought a pack of Verbatim for $15 and all my backups work perfectly now. Just buy Verbatim DVD-R or even Memorex DVD-R

10. TriLLioN

TriLLioN GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Try going to Amazon and buying some Verbatims, and I thought that some brands are the best for the Backup Launcher.
    I've used TDKs and only some of the discs work, I'd say about 1/3 of my burnt games. But once I used Verbatims, they worked 100% [​IMG]
    Also, download Active ISO Burner and burn your iso to your disc at 8x speed. [​IMG] 8x had worked best for me so far. Hope this helps!

11. kitt050383

kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
    alot of media compatibility issues is not the fault of the wii or the burner and or burning software...
    it's that of the user...
    you have to upgrade the firmware of your drive....

NOTE: Not ll drives have updated firmware in that case research crossflashing....
    Or get a newer drive!!!

-kitt050383

12. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Wtf o.O.. That site certainly says on shipping information that they do ship to Belgium...

Meh well.. That's weird :/. I guess you can try Amazon then ?

13. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    For instans, Some Wii's don't like DVD-R [​IMG]

1 of my Wii's doesn't like DVD-R that much (Verbatim/philips/sony/hp/emtec/tdk/etc...)
    But whenever i use a DVD+R (Verbatim/tdk/sony/emtec/other cheap brands/...) it works flawless in this Wii
    My BenQ DC DQ60 uses booktype settings
    My Optiarc (can't remmeber the typr out of my head, it's like 3 months old) and Pioneer DVR-111D not
    All DVD+R media burned with those burners work perfect in that Wii but not in the other

the other Wii doesn't like DVD+R, even Verbatims with booktype set
    All DVD-R media (Verbatim/tdk/sony/emtec/other cheap brands/...) burned (with the same burners as above) works perfect in this Wii but not in the other Wii.

So it's not only the good quality media that counts.

The burners uses latest FW and except of the pioneer and Benq the optiarc is brand new

14. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I use the cheapest dvd -r media I can find.....out of the 365 disks I burned only about 25 of them don't work. I have used memorex , TDK , and Gigaware. Some games oddly and this is very rare , still need to be patched though even if your using the gamma loader. I reecntly had to patch one I forget which one it is now though , but that got it to work.

15. EddyWally
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    Belgium
    Thanks! I have TDK DVD-R now,What burn speed should I use?

Oh,and for the Belgians here:

GHEWELDIG!
    [​IMG]

16. Quincy

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house
    lawl

Holland:P

toppie:P

Yea i am friggin dutch!

17. digitydogs

digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Md,US
    Youll get alot of debate on best burning speeds. It varies based on your burner and wii. start at the fastest your drive can support and work your way down from there until you find the speed that works best with your set-up. Some find 2 or 4x to be best others like myself burn at 16x with no issues. its all in the hardware setup. So test different speeds run them through dvd-info and whichever has the fewest errors is the speed for you.

18. tracker11

tracker11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2008
    United States
    im using datasafe dvd-r and im getting the same error with tomb raider underworld, does anyone change any settings before playing? i tried using the region free loader for a pal game with a pal console?

EDIT:also someone mentioned something about games have to be patched to be able to use them, what does this mean?

19. EddyWally
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    Belgium
    I think you have to patch your games,unless you have Wiigator 3.Gamma.

20. tracker11

tracker11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2008
    United States
    whats wiigator 3 gamma? im new to homebrew as of today,haha.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted