Hacking dvd dumper question

o1boss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i have dvd dumper v1.2 and as u know when u insert the game u get a ip address and u can put dat obn ur pc and it shud show up but in my case itr is not!!!??? so if i go buy a bisg sd card and tell the wii to do it that way to my sd card instead is it goin to work??? even on the newest games even ? thanx alot for ur input

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... huh???
wtf.gif

o1boss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if u r familiar wid dvd dumper but if u use that app and it gives u a ip address that way u can just dwnload it 2 ur cp and burn it that way......i tried and the ip address is invalid now ... so wat i am asking is if i use dvd dumper next time and tell it 2 put it on a sd card is it going 2 work ? with the newest games that r out or did this get patched or sumptin?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dude...this isn't irc or some chatroom where you have to type a mile an hour to keep up with the conversation. This is a forum. Take your time. Relax. And write out in full sentences, please.

Now...from what I can make up from your garbled stuff, you're asking something about the working of DVD dumper 1.2. I googled it to find that this is a rather old program (2,5 years is an eternity when it comes to wii hacking). I don't know how well it works, but I can tell you that Waninkoko updated his cIOS since then. So unless you're still on whatever cIOS was recent in august 2008, chances are that you'll run into problems. And it's kinda hard to predict if a program will be able to read and dump just about any game.

Now...I can't say much about DVD dumper itself, but I can say that recent USB loaders (at the very least configurable USB loader) are also able to dump discs on an SD or USB drive (provided there is enough space). Oh, and sneek can do this as well (though that's harder to set up).

o1boss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry about writing a mile a minute !! but this sneek u speak of i quickly tried to find out how to get it and it seems a lil complicated ? do u know where i can watch a video or perhaps get a easier explanation on how to get it ? i thank u for all the input on my question.....u know this would b alot easier if there was a software that would just back up my games that i purchased but i guess that doesnt exist !

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
o1boss said:
ok sorry about writing a mile a minute !! but this sneek u speak of i quickly tried to find out how to get it and it seems a lil complicated ? do u know where i can watch a video or perhaps get a easier explanation on how to get it ? i thank u for all the input on my question.....u know this would b alot easier if there was a software that would just back up my games that i purchased but i guess that doesnt exist !
1) Don't dump via the Network, it will take ages.
2) The best and fastest Dumper right now is CleanRip, which does exactly what you want (I suppose): An 1:1 Copy of your game in a handy .iso-File (meaning it will be 4.3/7.3 GB big for Wii-Games, and around 1.4 GB for GC-Games), and also dumps the BCA for NSMBW (and other games). Can dump to SD-Cards and USB-Drives, I recommend to try an NTFS-formatted Drive, the easiest solution.

No need for SNEEK or any USB-Loader if you just want to store your games. If you want them to use less space, you can have a look at Wiimms ISO Tools, which will allow you to make them smaller. There are various formats available, if you'll explain to me what exactly you want to do with the games, I can help you to find the right one.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
o1boss said:
1) Don't dump via the Network, it will take ages.
2) The best and fastest Dumper right now is CleanRip, which does exactly what you want (I suppose): An 1:1 Copy of your game in a handy .iso-File, 4,3 GB big, and also dumps the BCA for NSMBW. Can dump to SD-Cards and USB-Drives.

No need for SNEEK or any USB-Loader if you just want to store your games.

yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi