Hacking Dumping from wii to usb

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering how come when most people use Wii dump they dump the games by wi-fi? How come there isn't any explanations about dumping the game directly to USB/SD? If there is someone here that uses this method(Wii to USB/SD) can you help me?

Thanks

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use any USB Loader too, you dump the game to your USB and then to your computer using any WBFS manager.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hamisev said:
just wondering about doing this method, does this mess up your wii lens?
/sarcasm Yeah, you can only dump one game, and then you have to buy a new Wii, because your Lense is broken.

Seriously...it's "messing" with your lens as much as when you're playing a game (maybe a bit more, because games aren't always read during playing). Your lense will maybe not live longer, but it will still be long enough. And if you completely switch to USB, you actually save some lifespan of your lense.

Edit: Added /sarcasm

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hamisev said:
are you serious that I can dump one game?
No he isn't
rolleyes.gif

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
something isn't working right.i have rev 14 cios249 installed. is there anything else I need to install?

Details, details. What program are you using to dump the game. What is the error you are getting. What is your USB drive formatted as? I remember that I had trouble dumping games using rev14 and SuperDump.

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to play dumped games do i have to install cios 222/223? I have rev14, cIOS249 installed. I dumped Sonic Unleashed and when I go to play it from USB there is nothing but a black screen?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
hamisev said:
to play dumped games do i have to install cios 222/223? I have rev14, cIOS249 installed. I dumped Sonic Unleashed and when I go to play it from USB there is nothing but a black screen?

You managed to play any other game from this disk? What loader are you using?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumping a game is far less "damaging" that playing that game. you know that screen on wiisports that waits for you to press A and B before the game starts? the whole time that screen is showing, the game is reading from the dvd drive. pretty much any time there is music or a video playing, the game is streaming data. during a level in new mario, its streaming music. even though it is reading 0x8000 bytes at a time, it is still reading.

by the time you play the game 1 time all the way through, it has read 100 times as much data from the dvd than if you had just ripped the game.

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try load the game just goes to a black screen. I've used SD/USB Loader 1.5 and Neo Gamma. To note: I have 4.0u and also already have trucha so that could get priiloader.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use pimp my wii to install anything thats not up to date, Cios, IOS, system menu, etc....
Try both USB loader GX and uloader as well. Make sure your USB is formatted correctly.

OR, use xflak's NUS autodownloader to spruce up your wii, works great!

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did what was said above. but still nothing. When i try and load the game from usb, all i get is a black screen.

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering, this could be the case of that my usb drive isn't compatible to play the games. I can format it and dump the games, but when i try and load the games all i get is a black screen.
Can someone tell me this could be it?

hamisev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just found out that my usb drive can actually play the games but it only works when I find a copy of the game on the internet and download it. I've tried dumping and playing 3 games from my wii to usb and I get the same results(black screen). I've used superdump 1.3, SD/USB Loader 1.5, USB Loader GX, and CoverFloader and I get the same results. I need help please?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with usb, it ended up being the usb device which was faulty, try a small game like horrid henry or wii sports resort horid henry is only 75mb and wii sports resort is under 1gb on usb, if those games work fine then putting a say 3gb game on doesnt means that the usb device could be faulty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.