Dumping decrypted PlayStation 5 games from console is now possible

PS5-Jailbreak-Featured.jpg

The PlayStation scene has been on quite the streak lately, as not only has the latest console by Sony been exploited to allow access to debug settings in-console,which can be achieved through several methods, be it webkit exploit, BD-JB or through PS2 Classics, but now the exploits can now serve a purpose beyond some proof of concept and some homebrew SDK being available.

On May 22nd, user Sleirsgoevy released a payload that makes use of the currently known webkit and userland exploit for the PS5 to allow dumping decrypted binaries of PlayStation 5 games, although the methodology to be able to do this is still locked to the PS5's exploitable firmware of 4.03, but it should be possible to port the current payload to the latest compatible exploitable firmware, that being 4.51. The dumping method relies on FTP to send the decrypted binary through a connection to another device.

While it was already possible to dump PS5 games, it was only possible to do so with the binaries being encrypted, with this new method allowing for fully dumping decrypted binaries now. This opens up the ability for users to dump their own games and preserve them, and this could also open up the doors for work on a PlayStation 5 emulator, since there could now be easier ways to test compatibility, if such a thing were to come.

As a particular side note, user Zecoxao has mentioned that it is now possible to dump the SCE modules of the console as well.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Again alleged who knows what's possible with cfw.

We can’t have CFW without keys, and those keys do not reside on the console.

Also the PSN “handshake” or passphrase changes regularly, so even with CFW you would struggle to get online without the latest credentials, honestly: not going to happen.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We can’t have CFW without keys, and those keys do not reside on the console.

Also the PSN “handshake” or passphrase changes regularly, so even with CFW you would struggle to get online without the latest credentials, honestly: not going to happen.
I kinda figure at this point that while it might be possible, that anyone who figures it out will just take Sony's $$$

I thought PS3 allowed test kits online with older firmware, so maybe it meant that. Though I suspect you'll get banned pretty quickly.

Reactions: KiiWii

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think ppl should trust Google Translate. Maybe what they meant was, PS4/PSN games will work on older firmware.
That's a possibility it still makes me wonder why people think things are "impossible" when it comes to the hacking scene.

kasugano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A good start for PS5 preservation, though the space to store all those games is going to be quite something.

Also, this means we can finally port the Japan exclusive Ys VIII DLCs to PC and Vita, if someone dumps the decrypted PS5 version of the game.
Some DLCs were never shared/preserved, since they were originally bundled as store exclusive preorders when the game first launched for the Vita in Japan. Another one was included in a video game magazine as a download code.
Thanks to NISA for putting every single one of those DLCs into their PS5 release.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good start for PS5 preservation, though the space to store all those games is going to be quite something.

Also, this means we can finally port the Japan exclusive Ys VIII DLCs to PC and Vita, if someone dumps the decrypted PS5 version of the game.
Some DLCs were never shared/preserved, since they were originally bundled as store exclusive preorders when the game first launched for the Vita in Japan. Another one was included in a video game magazine as a download code.
Thanks to NISA for putting every single one of those DLCs into their PS5 release.

Well can't be shared here so keep that in mind.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a possibility it still makes me wonder why people think things are "impossible" when it comes to the hacking scene.
nothing is impossible to hack/crack
The only thing companies can do is make their stuff harder to hack/crack, but they CANT make them impossible to

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original tweet didn't mention CFW, just converting your PS4 to a test kit. Presumably with official firmware.

That I know, but @K3N1 said about the possibility of CFW, we don't have a CFW for PS4, just a exploit that treat the PS4 like a development/test kit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The Saturn had ROM or RAM carts. Action Replay took advantage of this to play burned games.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ramming your rom
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also if my older brother does a clean Windows install I will ask him to do that dual boot thing to have Linux aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    On my pc
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Clickbait
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If it wasnt obvious enough lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you did click it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, there was no way of knowing if it was gonna be clickbait or not until clicking it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess it's just a click then
    +2
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    Hi i was wondering where i can download a fresh istall for the mii maker on wii u (EU). The consol is not modded jet but the mii maker is corupted
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that will reset the configs