GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there an app for the Wii that lets you dump Wii games directly to a WBFS partition - that isn't a USB loader? Like, an app that's only for managing games on the WBFS drive, but not to load them (Something like a WBFS Manager, but for the Wii instead of computers)

I know it's a stupid question, why don't I just use the install option of any USB loader? The thing is, I use NeoGamma to load from USB and as far as I know it doesn't have the option to install/delete games. Also I don't want to use another USB loader, NeoGamma is like an all-in-one solution for DVD and USB games, so I like it more
biggrin.gif

So, is there an app like that?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wii_128 said:
Is there an app for the Wii that lets you dump Wii games directly to a WBFS partition - that isn't a USB loader? Like, an app that's only for managing games on the WBFS drive, but not to load them (Something like a WBFS Manager, but for the Wii instead of computers)

I know it's a stupid question, why don't I just use the install option of any USB loader? The thing is, I use NeoGamma to load from USB and as far as I know it doesn't have the option to install/delete games. Also I don't want to use another USB loader, NeoGamma is like an all-in-one solution for DVD and USB games, so I like it more
biggrin.gif

GX can run DVD's and USB aswel as uLoader and CFG should soon have it, so your best bet is to have at least 1 USB Loader apart from Neogamma its not like it fills your SD card unless you have a crappy 512MB lol

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wii_128 said:

biggrin.gif

+1

That would be very nice to have. It would be good to be able to install a game to the hard drive from an iso file on a SD card rather than needing to use discs as well. Something like this would probably allow that option eventually I'd imagine.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Ssseth said:
wii_128 said:

biggrin.gif

+1

That would be very nice to have. It would be good to be able to install a game to the hard drive from an iso file on a SD card rather than needing to use discs as well. Something like this would probably allow that option eventually I'd imagine.

How would you get a copy of the .ISO?

How would you remove the update partition?

How would you get the .ISO on the SD?

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Ssseth said:
wii_128 said:

biggrin.gif

+1

ImgBurn

The programs should do that for you ("Install Game" option already does and so does WBFS Manager 3.0 if you want)

SD card reader

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not a No0b and you didnt understand what was being asked(thread wise)

the whole point in those questions was really, what the point in wantingf a app to manage WBFS on the wii.

A USB Loader or WBFS Manager would rip the disk directly to the WBFS partiton!

As before a USB Loader or WBFS Manager would strip the update partition form the disk making it safer if needed to burn to DVD!

A FAT32 file system CANNOT hold a single file over the size of 4GB!, It would take longer to tranfer the .ISO to the SD(in pieces)and then install(not possible) it to the WBFS than it would to rip the disk directly to WBFS partition with a USB Loader(Wii) or WBFS Manager(PC).

all that said thw whole need for an app what can install an .ISO with out the need for a PC is completely pointless and ppl should stop asking for one or saying it would be great to have one when in reality a USB Loader can do what is all ready asked for and it would be point less in an indervidual app to manager games on thw wii size.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well the things about no files bigger than 4GB on SD seals the deal right there. I didn't know that.

If you knew the answers to the question then why waste peoples time and ask them in the first place. Anyway, good day to you sir.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i asked the questions because no one in the thread had any logic in what they want by asking for this kind of app, i though the questions would of triggered some sort of spark but no

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh +1