Hacking Dump Mii NAND - a BootMii format (nand.bin) NAND dumper for vWii/Wii

Should I make it an option to write back the NAND dump? (The code is practically all already there)

• YES - That could be useful.

Votes: 125 76.2%
  • NO - Too many noobs and danger of power failures mid-dump (TOO DANGEROUS).

Votes: 39 23.8%

• Total voters

bwiz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if there is not enough space on the SD card and the app is run. I thought i was loading a different app, It is taking about 3 hours to finish(Slow Card) I believe there was only about 497 or so mb on the card left.

Felarrond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have been trying and failing for three days now to use this step in the softmod. It fails in the high 3000's each time, like today it stopped on block 3712. It's always a random number. Using a Transcend 2GB SD card. All other steps have worked fine.

Reactions: Awesomeness4321

viago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Dump mii nand" works with SDHC so if you dont have a SD card with more than 528MB for the Back up files you may use a SDHC. It work for me. It should work with the USB Drive too if you can figure out how to change the location path in meta.xml file in the "Dump mii nand" folder (i dont know how so dont ask me)

D

Deleted User

Don't use the SD you used to hack the system. They won't work, and even if they do it's so painfully slow.

Just grab a random SDHC and it will work fine.

Ultracoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• If it has AHB access (for example, using the included meta.xml from HBC) it will use it to load the dumper onto Starlet/Starbucks (the same way Nintendont does) and dump to the SD card ... but if it DOESN'T get AHB access (which shouldn't be too much of a problem) it'll try to use the BootMii IOS to get it running (like nSwitch does) and that you can install with the HackMii installer on a normal Wii or with the the WAD from the above download page on a Wii U (using a vWii compatible IOS236 or WAD manager)

So there is a Bootmi for vWii?:huh:
EDIT:Nevermind. I noticed that this is just for helping Dump Mii Nand.

Last edited by Ultracoolguy,

craftsk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, guys! Trying do the dump in vWii. The process freeze on 3316 / 4096 and not moves 4-6 hour already. I use 512 mb sdcard. I guess it's not enough space for create a dump file. But system don't telling me anything and won't going in reboot. What should I do now? Switch power off? It'll not going to brick vWii if i do this?

Last edited by craftsk8,

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I AM IN ABSOLUTE DIRE STRAITS HERE AND NEED SERIOUS HELP!! So I decided to say what I need and describe how I got in this situation in full detail to the best of my ability. Prepare yourself, this is going to be a very, very long story, I humbly beg that you'd be kind and patient enough to read it through even though I know many won't, so please bare with me (and there may be a few typos, I was typing very fast, sorry.) So I deleted my Homebrew Channel and it's save data after I made a mistake messing with IOS files trying to get wiiflow to work, I wasn't entirely sure of what I was doing at the time, I had been having much trouble getting the cIOS needed for wiiflow to install correctly, I had been at it for a while and I was pretty frustrated so I was sort of improvising and trying different things on different installers hoping to get things right, which of course, isn't the wisest thing to do in that situation but I was getting desperate. So when the big mistake happened, I was trying to install some IOS that I think had something to do with helping me be able to install the cIOS for wiiflow (Unfortunately its really hard for me to totally recall what I was trying to do, I had forgotten a lot of the details within all the stress, mind strain and frustration, I still pretty scatter-brained right now), I was using a usb port for this (maybe I wasn't supposed to using a usb) and the IOS on my usb, which must be the IOS I was messing with were: IOS56-64-v5661; IOS58-64-v5918; and IOS58-64-v6175, I forget which ones were for what. I think I was actually successful in installing a couple of the IOS, but then when I was installing the last one (I still don't know which one it was), something odd happened, I'm not sure but I think I was booted back to the vwii home menu, whichever way I got back there, I tried going back to the HBC, but when I started the channel, homebrew did not load, at first I thought "okay this is probably just a one time thing", so I tried again and again and again, but the channel wouldn't load, I was super scared and super worried so in a mild panic, I erased the HBC and it's save data in the data management section thinking I could just reinstall it with smashstack and hackmii installer, so I go online and grab the files needed to boot up hackmii installer through brawl(Super Smash) and the exploit worked until I got the scam warning screen for hackmii installer, when it said [Press 1 to continue] I pressed one, but nothing happened, the wiimote's lights were still on, but it wasn't doing anything as if hackmii had froze or my wiimote went out of sync. I would try again and wait for a little bit cause I heard you should wait a little before continuing into hackmii, but the problem still remains so I'd unplug my wii u and try again, I did this at least 15 times but to no avail. So I tried another approach following the modmii guide (which I don't know can be used for wii u since the latest version for the wii system was 4.3u), I replaced the boot.elf for hackmii installer with the boot.elf of multi mod manager and successfully booted that up though brawl, my sd card wouldn't read so I loaded IOS36 which enabled my sd card to be mounted and I used modmii to download a hackmii solution which contained IOS wads needed to be able to install the HBC, but had absolutely no luck in installing those, I kept on getting error -1017, then I tried booting hackmii installer through the mod manager, but I still had the same problem with it as before except the wiimote lights went off and wouldn't come back on. So I tried using IOS58 installer so I could get hackmii working again, but that kept failing, I tried different wad managers, they all failed, and I even tried my favorite wad manager: pimp my wii, which actually told me when I tried installing the IOS wads that the wads I was trying to install were not meant for the wii u and that they could brick my wii u if I continued to try installing them, after that I deleted the IOS wads. After that I did some more strenuous searching and became aware that not having cIOS250 installed might be my problem, I don't know if I had it before but accidentally overwritten it or uninstalled it because in order for HBC to be working I think I had to have had cIOS250 installed, I might be wrong. Anywho, I went to guide for installing d2x-cIOS, which I found out a little while ago was where this whole thing started!! I think I was using YAWMM_EN or the MIOSPatchingWADInstaller when I was trying to install those IOS files, which those apps are still on my usb port. Back to the point though, I downloaded dump mii nand for my sd card and loaded it through the multi mod manager but as soon as I open the file, it says WILL DUMP TO SD:/NAND.BIN and LOADING IOS254, but it just stays at that point and does nothing and I've tried waiting just in case it was normal to take longer than usual, I waited for it for about 30 minutes but still not a thing, so I unpluged my wii u yet again, this had to literally be almost the 80th time I had to unplug my wii u because nothing I loaded would work. I have been working insanely and tirelessly to get my Homebrew Channel back in every way I possibly could, but now it seems completely hopeless and pointless. I pray that I didn't make it so that theres no way I can get Homebrew back, however, I still don't want to give up, I've actually been wii-modding for quite a time now, since 2010 or 2011 I believe and I'm not the best completely understanding how everything works but I got the hang of things and my hacking and modding skills gradually grew and I got to do a lot of pretty cool things because of Homebrew. Whenever I hit a wall when I was hacking or modding something, I always got past it eventually no matter how hopeless it seemed, sometimes it would be over a year later since I last tried doing something and failed and then one day, I'd be searching and I would figure out the answer(s) to whatever I was trying to do before. I modded my original Wii years ago and it still works completely fine, but I don't want it to wind up like my vWii. So I guess the point of this really long, boring and probably very confusing story is that I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP!!! Can someone here please please please help me get things right on my virtual wii again, I know I can fix it, I can feel it, I just need some help and I don't to go on trying to fix it with my own wits any longer because if I do, I think I might end up bricking my Wii U and/or vWii. Can someone tell me what I I did wrong from the very beginning or help me to somehow get the IOS needed for hackmii to work again, if that's what I need. I do think it's a problem with my wii u's IOS, but I don't really now how to INSTALL THE RIGHT IOS FILES PROPERLY (which may be yet another thing contributing to my problem) and every time I try to download any wad with any wad manager it simply won't work, I just keep getting error reports or system crashes, I've kind of meddled with the IOS before while not being entirely positive of what I was doing and I hope that didn't mess things up too much where I can't fix it. I just desperately want someone out there to help me bring my HBC back to life. If anyone has any answers for me at all, I would immensely appreciate any advice or guidance. And if anyone does have any guidance or me to follow, I would ask that you please be patient with me, I have trouble understanding the whole IOS system, I'm a skilled and experienced wii hacker, but when it comes to all the technical stuff with all the codes and such, I am quite a noob. By I still have faith yet that I can get this working again, so again can somebody please help me, I beg, I am just so thoroughly and utterly exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally from all of this, and even though I'm still not giving up, this is definitely beginning to take it's tole on me, I haven't gotten much sleep at all for the past four days. If you were kind and patient enough to have read through this whole thing, I truly and deeply thank you so very very much, I've never posted anything this long before!

Last edited by whitephoenix00ZX,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I AM IN ABSOLUTE DIRE STRAITS HERE AND NEED SERIOUS HELP!! So I decided to say what I need and describe how I got in this situation in full detail to the best of my ability. Prepare yourself, this is going to be a very, very long story, I humbly beg that you'd be kind and patient enough to read it through even though I know many won't, so please bare with me (and there may be a few typos, I was typing very fast, sorry.) So I deleted my Homebrew Channel and it's save data after I made a mistake messing with IOS files trying to get wiiflow to work, I wasn't entirely sure of what I was doing at the time, I had been having much trouble getting the cIOS needed for wiiflow to install correctly, I had been at it for a while and I was pretty frustrated so I was sort of improvising and trying different things on different installers hoping to get things right, which of course, isn't the wisest thing to do in that situation but I was getting desperate. So when the big mistake happened, I was trying to install some IOS that I think had something to do with helping me be able to install the cIOS for wiiflow (Unfortunately its really hard for me to totally recall what I was trying to do, I had forgotten a lot of the details within all the stress, mind strain and frustration, I still pretty scatter-brained right now), I was using a usb port for this (maybe I wasn't supposed to using a usb) and the IOS on my usb, which must be the IOS I was messing with were: IOS56-64-v5661; IOS58-64-v5918; and IOS58-64-v6175, I forget which ones were for what. I think I was actually successful in installing a couple of the IOS, but then when I was installing the last one (I still don't know which one it was), something odd happened, I'm not sure but I think I was booted back to the vwii home menu, whichever way I got back there, I tried going back to the HBC, but when I started the channel, homebrew did not load, at first I thought "okay this is probably just a one time thing", so I tried again and again and again, but the channel wouldn't load, I was super scared and super worried so in a mild panic, I erased the HBC and it's save data in the data management section thinking I could just reinstall it with smashstack and hackmii installer, so I go online and grab the files needed to boot up hackmii installer through brawl(Super Smash) and the exploit worked until I got the scam warning screen for hackmii installer, when it said [Press 1 to continue] I pressed one, but nothing happened, the wiimote's lights were still on, but it wasn't doing anything as if hackmii had froze or my wiimote went out of sync. I would try again and wait for a little bit cause I heard you should wait a little before continuing into hackmii, but the problem still remains so I'd unplug my wii u and try again, I did this at least 15 times but to no avail. So I tried another approach following the modmii guide (which I don't know can be used for wii u since the latest version for the wii system was 4.3u), I replaced the boot.elf for hackmii installer with the boot.elf of multi mod manager and successfully booted that up though brawl, my sd card wouldn't read so I loaded IOS36 which enabled my sd card to be mounted and I used modmii to download a hackmii solution which contained IOS wads needed to be able to install the HBC, but had absolutely no luck in installing those, I kept on getting error -1017, then I tried booting hackmii installer through the mod manager, but I still had the same problem with it as before except the wiimote lights went off and wouldn't come back on. So I tried using IOS58 installer so I could get hackmii working again, but that kept failing, I tried different wad managers, they all failed, and I even tried my favorite wad manager: pimp my wii, which actually told me when I tried installing the IOS wads that the wads I was trying to install were not meant for the wii u and that they could brick my wii u if I continued to try installing them, after that I deleted the IOS wads. After that I did some more strenuous searching and became aware that not having cIOS250 installed might be my problem, I don't know if I had it before but accidentally overwritten it or uninstalled it because in order for HBC to be working I think I had to have had cIOS250 installed, I might be wrong. Anywho, I went to guide for installing d2x-cIOS, which I found out a little while ago was where this whole thing started!! I think I was using YAWMM_EN or the MIOSPatchingWADInstaller when I was trying to install those IOS files, which those apps are still on my usb port. Back to the point though, I downloaded dump mii nand for my sd card and loaded it through the multi mod manager but as soon as I open the file, it says WILL DUMP TO SD:/NAND.BIN and LOADING IOS254, but it just stays at that point and does nothing and I've tried waiting just in case it was normal to take longer than usual, I waited for it for about 30 minutes but still not a thing, so I unpluged my wii u yet again, this had to literally be almost the 80th time I had to unplug my wii u because nothing I loaded would work. I have been working insanely and tirelessly to get my Homebrew Channel back in every way I possibly could, but now it seems completely hopeless and pointless. I pray that I didn't make it so that theres no way I can get Homebrew back, however, I still don't want to give up, I've actually been wii-modding for quite a time now, since 2010 or 2011 I believe and I'm not the best completely understanding how everything works but I got the hang of things and my hacking and modding skills gradually grew and I got to do a lot of pretty cool things because of Homebrew. Whenever I hit a wall when I was hacking or modding something, I always got past it eventually no matter how hopeless it seemed, sometimes it would be over a year later since I last tried doing something and failed and then one day, I'd be searching and I would figure out the answer(s) to whatever I was trying to do before. I modded my original Wii years ago and it still works completely fine, but I don't want it to wind up like my vWii. So I guess the point of this really long, boring and probably very confusing story is that I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP!!! Can someone here please please please help me get things right on my virtual wii again, I know I can fix it, I can feel it, I just need some help and I don't to go on trying to fix it with my own wits any longer because if I do, I think I might end up bricking my Wii U and/or vWii. Can someone tell me what I I did wrong from the very beginning or help me to somehow get the IOS needed for hackmii to work again, if that's what I need. I do think it's a problem with my wii u's IOS, but I don't really now how to INSTALL THE RIGHT IOS FILES PROPERLY (which may be yet another thing contributing to my problem) and every time I try to download any wad with any wad manager it simply won't work, I just keep getting error reports or system crashes, I've kind of meddled with the IOS before while not being entirely positive of what I was doing and I hope that didn't mess things up too much where I can't fix it. I just desperately want someone out there to help me bring my HBC back to life. If anyone has any answers for me at all, I would immensely appreciate any advice or guidance. And if anyone does have any guidance or me to follow, I would ask that you please be patient with me, I have trouble understanding the whole IOS system, I'm a skilled and experienced wii hacker, but when it comes to all the technical stuff with all the codes and such, I am quite a noob. By I still have faith yet that I can get this working again, so again can somebody please help me, I beg, I am just so thoroughly and utterly exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally from all of this, and even though I'm still not giving up, this is definitely beginning to take it's tole on me, I haven't gotten much sleep at all for the past four days. If you were kind and patient enough to have read through this whole thing, I truly and deeply thank you so very very much, I've never posted anything this long before!
Your problem has absolutely zero to do with dump mii nand so why the hell did you post it here??

whitephoenix00ZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're kinda right, it pretty much just concerns reinstalling the HBC. Like I said before in my post, I'm pretty confused about what the problem truly is and what I should do to fix it, I wasn't sure where to go and who to ask for help so I just came here, I know I should have posted this in the HBC section or something, but since DUMP MII NAND was the last place I went to to help fix hackmii installer and using DUMP MII NAND might help me get the IOS I need to get hackmii installer to work right, I posted my problem here, even though it mainly concerns the HBC. Sorry if I bothered anyone by this, I just need some help.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're kinda right, it pretty much just concerns reinstalling the HBC. Like I said before in my post, I'm pretty confused about what the problem truly is and what I should do to fix it, I wasn't sure where to go and who to ask for help so I just came here, I know I should have posted this in the HBC section or something, but since DUMP MII NAND was the last place I went to to help fix hackmii installer and using DUMP MII NAND might help me get the IOS I need to get hackmii installer to work right, I posted my problem here, even though it mainly concerns the HBC. Sorry if I bothered anyone by this, I just need some help.

Please end this discussion here(now). This is all off topic. Copy your entire post(s) to a new thread and begin seeking help there.
Thank you.
P.S. take your time to do a better job formatting your post in the new thread.
Just because I read EVERY word does not mean others will.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, guys! Trying do the dump in vWii. The process freeze on 3316 / 4096 and not moves 4-6 hour already. I use 512 mb sdcard. I guess it's not enough space for create a dump file. But system don't telling me anything and won't going in reboot. What should I do now? Switch power off? It'll not going to brick vWii if i do this?

You most likely know the answer by now but for others:
Dump MII NAND is currently only a non destructive READ ONLY on the Wii U(motherboard) side.
Dump MII NAND currently only does WRITES to the sd card.
(So the sd card is the only thing that could possibly, ever so slightly, MIGHT get "damaged").

Problem with blocks could be:
timing errors
bad blocks read (on Wii U side)
bad blocks written (on sd card side)

Yes, power off.
No, it will not brick.

Use fastest sd card you have access to so it will not take forever.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
please stay on topic.

I'm not going to delete the posts above because the author obviously would have a hard time writing this all up a second time. But if you want answers please create a separate thread.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inglorious wall of text!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021