Hacking Dumbish Wii hacking question.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back again with some more Dumbish Wii Hacking questions, because of a recent release i may or may not hack my Wii soon, not sure.

Anyway, With Letterbomb i can install the program to use burned DVD's right?

Also, we currently have a 4 GB SDHC card that came with our camera, it has files and folders from the Camera Automatically, would i be able to use that card to mod my wii, or would i have to format it or use a different card?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
1. No such word as dumbish
2. Through Letterbomb, you can softmod your Wii and allow access to homebrew through the HBC. Through the HBC, you can install d2x cIOS249, and NeoGamma, which will allow you to read burned discs. You can use any SD card.
3. Go with a USB loader, (though you would need a HDD), trust me, burned DVDs are hard on the disc laser, and simply noisy at times. Not to mention, a USB loader is more cheaper , compact ,and environmentally friendly, for a USB loader, you only need one Hard Disk Drive, for NeoGamma, you need discs for every game.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to format your existing memory card, just drag and drop the unzipped Letterbomb files onto your SD card. Once you hack your Wii with Letterbomb, you'll get the HomeBrew Channel. From there you will be able to install DARKCORP or NeoGamma which allows you to run burned DVDs. Have fun!

Dammit Punyman, you ninja'd me.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No such word as dumbish
2. Through Letterbomb, you can softmod your Wii and allow access to homebrew through the HBC. Through the HBC, you can install d2x cIOS249, and NeoGamma, which will allow you to read burned discs.
3. Go with a USB loader, trust me, burned DVDs are hard on the disc laser, and simply noisy at times.

Can't go with a USB loader, no money for one lol. All i can really do is use what i currently have, 4GB SDHC card, and letterbomb since it doesn't require a game, and some DVD-R's i have,

Also, they're pretty cheap ones, 4 GB Memorex i think DVD's, do i need better DVD-R's?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) You can use Letterbomb to hack every Wii that has the most recent firmware version (System Menu 4.3)
2) If you can play burned games or not depends on the version of you Wii's disc drive. If your Wii is any other colour than white it is too new, also if it was manufactured after some date in 2009 or so. There are lookup tables were you can match your serial number to the hardware revision you have.
3) It is much better to play games from a USB hard disk or pen drive anyway.

Edit: As long as you have DVD-R not DVD+R you should have no problem with the discs if you drive can read burned discs.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You can use Letterbomb to hack every Wii that has the most recent firmware version (System Menu 4.3)
2) If you can play burned games or not depends on the version of you Wii's disc drive. If your Wii is any other colour than white it is too new, also if it was manufactured after some date in 2009 or so. There are lookup tables were you can match your serial number to the hardware revision you have.
3) It is much better to play games from a USB hard disk or pen drive anyway.

Edit: As long as you have DVD-R not DVD+R you should have no problem with the discs if you drive can read burned discs.

No worries on the 2nd thing, it's pretty much a Release Date White Wii.

I'll probably get a HDD eventually for the Wii, but right now all i can do is used DVD-R's

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to format your existing memory card, just drag and drop the unzipped Letterbomb files onto your SD card. Once you hack your Wii with Letterbomb, you'll get the HomeBrew Channel. From there you will be able to install DARKCORP or NeoGamma which allows you to run burned DVDs. Have fun!

Dammit Punyman, you ninja'd me.

NEVER EVER INSTALL DARKCORP

I cannot stress this enough. If you do not know what you're doing, DO NOT INSTALL DARKCORP. There is a large chance you WILL FUCK UP YOUR WII. DARKCORP replaces a majority of your Wii's IOSes and is not very safe to begin with. If you do not know what you're doing, DO NOT EVER INSTALL DARKCORP!!!! d2x is the safest way you can get, because the Wii usually does not use 249, so if 249 becomes screwed up, you can still repair it rather easily. DARKCORP replaces not only 249, but your system IOS and a crap load of other IOSes.

NEVER INSTALL DARKCORP. NEVER MESS WITH ANYTHING THAT YOU AREN'T SURE ABOUT!! ALWAYS INSTALL BRICK PROTECTION, SUCH AS BOOTMII Boot2, or PRIILOADER.

Please, I usually don't capslock a whole sentence, and swear in it, for that matter, so I hope you understand the repercussions of messing with things you aren't sure about.

Also, always do research before hacking your Wii.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'll probably get a HDD eventually for the Wii, but right now all i can do is used DVD-R's
Ah ok, you it should be fine then. I'd use NeoGamma as a disc launcher than, not that DARKCORP stuff. Look up the ModMii or "Modify any Wii" threads in this subforum here.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah ok, you it should be fine then. I'd use NeoGamma as a disc launcher than, not that DARKCORP stuff. Look up the ModMii or "Modify any Wii" threads in this subforum here.

I was probably gonna use Letterbomb to mod my Wii since i don't really have any games that work with ModMii

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i guess i will save this topic until i get money for a HDD, i tried to burn the Zelda Demo, apparently our DVD burner only burns at speeds higher then 1x >.<

2 times i tried to burn the disc, after verifying the file i took the DVD out, put it back into the computer, and nothing actually comes up in the DVD drive, it reads it then when i click open, no files, 0 bytes, as soon as i put in a blank disc, it reads the blank disc just fine

Well this sucks

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Well i guess i will save this topic until i get money for a HDD, i tried to burn the Zelda Demo, apparently our DVD burner only burns at speeds higher then 1x >.<

2 times i tried to burn the disc, after verifying the file i took the DVD out, put it back into the computer, and nothing actually comes up in the DVD drive, it reads it then when i click open, no files, 0 bytes, as soon as i put in a blank disc, it reads the blank disc just fine

Well this sucks
that is normal. it doesn't show up in my computer either but it works in my wii.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well this sucks
that is normal. it doesn't show up in my computer either but it works in my wii.

Ah ok, hopefully it works then, i will probably be using Neogama, which i think i can install using Letterbomb to run the game, will i have to switch it PAL or something since it's a PAL demo?

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, HINTHINT

You don't need to play the PAL demo anymore... just look for an NTSC torrent :P

AND. it's the FULL GAME :D:D:D:D:D

Well the full version getting taking awhile to um.... get. So i burned the Demo first.

I rememebr reading in a topic before that i can use Letterbomb to install ModMii, will that make it easier for me to mod my Wii without messing anything up? Also how do i use ModMii with Letterbomb?

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
letterbomb does not install ModMii, lol

just download modmii, and from the main menu run the ModMii Wizard. The rest is self-explanatory

Well i remember someone in the letterbomb topic saying that you could use letterbomb to install Modmii by replacing a folder or something. Believe me i can read lol, it's just that's what someone said

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont believe everything (especially some posts) you read.......xflak is the creator of Modmii, he knows his shit on this.
Modmii is a program you can only run from your computer that DL's all necessary files for you.

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont believe everything (especially some posts) you read.......xflak is the creator of Modmii, he knows his shit on this.
Modmii is a program you can only run from your computer that DL's all necessary files for you.

Ah ok. Sorry Xflak, just wanted to make sure on what i read before i go out and get a game to use with ModMii, don't want to take the chance and ***** something up with Letterbomb, since it looked like ModMii is pretty much the newbie's guide to not ****** anything up while modding, so it's perfect for me.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u don't need to get a game to work with ModMii. If you're on 4.3 ModMii will help u to use letterbomb to mod your Wii. If u run the wizard and tell it your wii is 4.3, eventually it will ask you what game to use to mod your wii. On that page is a discless option (letterbomb) which you can select by typing "bomb" (all this info is presented on-screen, make sure to read all of ModMii's helpful msgs)

Sylar1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u don't need to get a game to work with ModMii. If you're on 4.3 ModMii will help u to use letterbomb to mod your Wii. If u run the wizard and tell it your wii is 4.3, eventually it will ask you what game to use to mod your wii. On that page is a discless option (letterbomb) which you can select by typing "bomb" (all this info is presented on-screen, make sure to read all of ModMii's helpful msgs)

Ah very nice, i was checking it out, i think i need Neogama to run DVD's that i burn like Zelda, I know the ModMii Letter bomb thing says to uncheck bundle HackMii with Letterbomb, i went over the guide after it was done making it and it doesn't really say anything about a DVD thing like Neogama, Do i use HackMii to install or does it not come with it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro