Hacking Question Dumb question/Help needed. White blank icons on .xci or .nsp that won't install

elosopratto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone.

I've updated my SX OS after like 6 months, I've used the Automated Approach method with WIFI for update to SXOS 2.5.3. OFW is 5.1.0
SXOS seems to update just fine but now every new game I try to install (nsp OR xci format) is showing blank WHITE icons from gallery. It says "unknown developer" and always "installation failed"
It doesnt work for .nsp files
It doesnt work for .xci files neither

Yesterday I asked for Help on TeamXecuter forums and some guys told me that my OFW is too old and that the only thing i need to do is to update OFW to latest version
So I started by backing up my nand but before updating OFW I stopped right there because I started to read in other forums about burning fuses

So question is: Now that my nand is safe backed up. Is it now safe to boot OFW, connect to WIFI and update OFW just from there? Just like an non pirated switch console? there's no risk of bricking my console/burning fuses doing this?

Im sorry for my dumb question. I was away from scene too much time. I'm so lost and confused with all the information that I thought that asking here it will be a good idea before screwing things up
Thanks. Any help will be very much appreciated

Last edited by elosopratto,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt take your sysnand online at all even for an update unless you want to be banned. Update your sysnand using choidejournx (you'll need to find the latest firmware online somewhere and download it to your pc then copy over to your sd). You can manually update with choidejournx and save your fuses by turning on autoRCM. This will force the switch into RCM on every boot saving your fuses. You wont need a jig anymore either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night