noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just modfied the instructions from here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

and modified it so, on a 3.4 with downgraded IOS, I grabbed the proper app file of the sysmenu (no preloader, just regular fs_browser through hbc, then completely Softmii'd the system, and then used the procedure for with the app file I obtained for 3.4 instead of for 3.2

[keep in mind the 3.4 app isn't gonna start with 1, like "100000xx.app" because it hasnt been moved by preloader.]

I installed IOS50 (so the menu would boot), and instead of installing the channel and the autoloader (cuz I doubt theyd work as expected), I just install the sysmenu.dol (formerly the sysmenu 00000Xx.app file) to autoboot in preloader (prepare to lose a few blocks), then set preloader to Shutdown or reset to mainmenu, I forget.

so I boot up...heres what happens:

boot up
regular 3.4 (havent actually tested savefile copying etc, so some might want to)
home menu, press shutdown or whatever
softmiid 3.2

some people might like this...give er a go.

it might be possible to do it the other way around, so long as you had IOS50 installed, you might be able to use fs_browser to dump the 3.2 app file, autoboot it, and then use softmii tweaks to install 3.4's app file, but I don't know if that would work, or completely wreck preloader....

if you want it flipped so softmii boots first, you could try it.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
just modfied the instructions from here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

and modified it so, on a 3.4 with downgraded IOS, I grabbed the proper app file of the sysmenu (no preloader, just regular fs_browser through hbc, then completely Softmii'd the system, and then used the procedure for with the app file I obtained for 3.4 instead of for 3.2

[keep in mind the 3.4 app isn't gonna start with 1, like "100000xx.app" because it hasnt been moved by preloader.]

I installed IOS50 (so the menu would boot), and instead of installing the channel and the autoloader (cuz I doubt theyd work as expected), I just install the sysmenu.dol (formerly the sysmenu 00000Xx.app file) to autoboot in preloader (prepare to lose a few blocks), then set preloader to Shutdown or reset to mainmenu, I forget.

so I boot up...heres what happens:

boot up
regular 3.4 (havent actually tested savefile copying etc, so some might want to)
home menu, press shutdown or whatever
softmiid 3.2

some people might like this...give er a go.

it might be possible to do it the other way around, so long as you had IOS50 installed, you might be able to use fs_browser to dump the 3.2 app file, autoboot it, and then use softmii tweaks to install 3.4's app file, but I don't know if that would work, or completely wreck preloader....

if you want it flipped so softmii boots first, you could try it.
NoobWarrior7 you are an amazing son of gun , you just introduced me to a lot of play time with a lot of trials and error , a game I enjoy but cause of the lack of time ( work work work ) results will posted in a few days
wink.gif
2 thumps up bro
grog.gif

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for most people it kinda sucks....cuz Im thinking I just lost 220ish blocks on that wii....not really worth it, but people seem to be "omg 3.4 speeds rawk"....I think we're just feature-hungry.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
for most people it kinda sucks....cuz Im thinking I just lost 220ish blocks on that wii....not really worth it, but people seem to be "omg 3.4 speeds rawk"....I think we're just feature-hungry.
well you will never know buddy , messing around with things might get somewhere
wink.gif
no guarantees thought , but will give it a shot
wink.gif

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really cool, now why didn't i think of that.

Oh yea... bacause I just take other peoples work and make a PDF guide for it.

Im gonna have to give this a try someday. I think I'll wait a week though and let my buddy Big Moe and you do the work.
Then I'll write a PDF guide and take credit for it.
smile.gif

Keep up the good work. Seems like a day doesn't go by anymore without something cool being discovered.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Jizmo09 said:
Really cool, now why didn't i think of that.

Oh yea... bacause I just take other peoples work and make a PDF guide for it.

Im gonna have to give this a try someday. I think I'll wait a week though and let my buddy Big Moe and you do the work.
Then I'll write a PDF guide and take credit for it.
smile.gif

Keep up the good work. Seems like a day doesn't go by anymore without something cool being discovered.

Can I pay you up-front for that?
wink.gif

Seriously, though, this is another interesting experiment. I'll wait for the results rather than strap a pair onto myself
blink.gif

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice Idea NoobWarrior - It sounds completely feasible to me as some people have already got more than one system menu booting.

I look forward to seeing this progress and helping test a long the way once I get my wii back.

tongue.gif

To those that care - SoftMii Tweaks can only write to 00000001/00000002 on the wii so if you need to be able to write anywhere else than that, you would need a modded SoftMii Tweaks or a Nand Writer like we use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: