Homebrew DSVNC and DSi

aat596

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've decided to start this thread because this one gbatemp.net/threads/ds-wifi-and-dsi.497512/ (cannot post links yet, sorry) is too old.

I have a Nintendo DSi console.
A while ago, I downloaded DSVNC and I tested that in the DSi, spent many hours on that but no success.

So here are my questions:
- Is DSVNC both compatible with DS Lite and DSi or only with the first one, like the DS Wifi mentioned above in the link?

- And if it is, could someone port DSVNC into the DSi with the latest version of devkitPro? Unfortunately, I can't solve it myself due to my lack of coding knowledge.

Note: I've downloaded DSVNC from gamebrew, is it the latest version?
Note 2: I've tested WiFi connection on other games (like MKDS) and it's working.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to start this thread because this one gbatemp.net/threads/ds-wifi-and-dsi.497512/ (cannot post links yet, sorry) is too old.

I have a Nintendo DSi console.
A while ago, I downloaded DSVNC and I tested that in the DSi, spent many hours on that but no success.

So here are my questions:
- Is DSVNC both compatible with DS Lite and DSi or only with the first one, like the DS Wifi mentioned above in the link?

- And if it is, could someone port DSVNC into the DSi with the latest version of devkitPro? Unfortunately, I can't solve it myself due to my lack of coding knowledge.

Note: I've downloaded DSVNC from gamebrew, is it the latest version?
Note 2: I've tested WiFi connection on other games (like MKDS) and it's working.
Running it in DSi mode?

aat596

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Running it in DSi mode?
No, I'm using an R4 Card (2014). Nevertheless, the network shouldn't be a problem, because other NDS-compatible games can detect it and run WiFi flawlessly, isn't it? Even I ran DSFTP successfully (using cotodevel DSFTP Github source, mentioned inside the above link thread).

aat596

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Although it's a bit late, problem is solved.

I was running my R4 Card with the firstest firmware that my Nintendo DSi came.

Then I realized if I update my DSi, my Card wouldn't run anymore.

But thanks to this memory pit exploit, gbatemp.net/threads/memory-pit-a-new-dsi-exploit-for-dsi-camera.539432 (no links, sorry), my DSi is usable again.

To sum up:

- Updated firmware to the latest version (1.4.5E in my case).
- Ran exploit.
- Install unlaunch.
- Install Twilight menu.

DSVNC program now runs perfectly when booting with unlaunch. Other NDS games work for me using the Twilight menu.

Off-topic: DSLinux also runs flawlessly when booting with unlaunch.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night