Hacking DSTwo vs cyclo

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 2 cyclos, one for me, and another for my wife. That's just my background. I've read a couple reviews on the DSTwo, but they were in it first came out--but they didn't think too awful highly of it. I love my cyclo, but I'm not above saying it doesn't have its problems. Like, going into the system menu sometimes during gameplay causes it to lock up, and the RTS locks it up sometimes (those two are related). However, I don't use those a ton and I don't have any other problems with it.

I don't have any stupid questions about whether or not my saves will be compatible.. Just a few questions specific to the DSTwo.

Now that the DSTwo has been out for a while (and I believe it has the snes emulator in it now, but I may be wrong). Can someone give me a couple more thoughts on it? How well does the anti-AP stuff work? How reliable is the in game menu? How well does the value finder work for generating codes during runtime?

I'd be using this solely with a DSL, and I'm just curious about how well it works.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
claudekennilol said:
I've got 2 cyclos, one for me, and another for my wife. That's just my background. I've read a couple reviews on the DSTwo, but they were in it first came out--but they didn't think too awful highly of it. I love my cyclo, but I'm not above saying it doesn't have its problems. Like, going into the system menu sometimes during gameplay causes it to lock up, and the RTS locks it up sometimes (those two are related). However, I don't use those a ton and I don't have any other problems with it.

I don't have any stupid questions about whether or not my saves will be compatible.. Just a few questions specific to the DSTwo.

Now that the DSTwo has been out for a while (and I believe it has the snes emulator in it now, but I may be wrong). Can someone give me a couple more thoughts on it? How well does the anti-AP stuff work? How reliable is the in game menu? How well does the value finder work for generating codes during runtime?

I'd be using this solely with a DSL, and I'm just curious about how well it works.
havng used it for 2 months now, i am REALLY happy that i got this.
the AP rotection works realy well having t be the first flashcart that works on 1.4.1 and a vast majority of games work out of the box there are reporst that some games cause the Real time menu not to operate normally but thats just a minority

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play latest games right away, DS2 no doubt is the answer to that. If you are currently happy with CycloDS, then I say keep using it. 3DS is coming up soon so only buy new flashcarts if you really want DS2 (for its feature or for its AP bypass).

nemt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need a flashcart now there's no reason to get anything other than a DSTwo.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The CycloDS is a good flashcart, but currently the DSTwo beats it in pretty much every way.
Depends what you want out of your flashcart, was it just playing DS games or advanced features?
The CycloDS you have already should do the job just fine, but if you want fancy features like the best real-time saves of any flashcart, GBA and SNES emulation, playing video without conversion, and anti-piracy bypassing, then the DSTwo is just fantastic.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol, do you mean the CycloDS Evo or iEvo? If you are looking to the future, you might want to wait for the iEvo to come out. Will probably have similar AP protection to that of the DSTwo. If Team Cyclops supports the iEvo like they used to support the Evo, it even surpass it. Its also nice the Team Cyclops is based in the US.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the dstwo
tongue.gif

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
I'm also trying to decided between the DSTwo, CycloDS iEvolution, and iSmart MM (the latest "enhanced" flash cart). I'm thinking of upgrade from my AceKard 2i so I can have GBA emulation on my XL. Should I wait until both the iEvo and iSmart MM are released before make a decision? We don't know if they will be better or worse then the DSTWo. They might even bet cheaper.

Side Note: Even if they all function at the same level, I'm guessing the DSTwo will drop in price (a bit) to compete with its new competitors.

The iSmart MM is a clone of the iPlayer, which was made by the same team who made the DStwo. The iPlayer is less powerful so I'd expect the same from the iSmart MM.

If you're planning on waiting for the iEvolution you'd better brace yourself for when they announce it's price seeing as how their outdated flashcart is still selling for 40+.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
*sighs*
The iSmart MM is based on the iPlayer hardware.
It was bought off the supercard team, allowing iSmart to do whatever they wanted with it.
The revised the Hardware and enabled piracy on it.
Then they got someone to make the OS.
Then they sold it.
Neither of the iSmart teams products are new, both of them are OEM designs. NOT Clones.
Atleast that's what A.W said.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
*sighs*
The iSmart MM is based on the iPlayer hardware.
It was bought off the supercard team, allowing iSmart to do whatever they wanted with it.
The revised the Hardware and enabled piracy on it.
Then they got someone to make the OS.
Then they sold it.
Neither of the iSmart teams products are new, both of them are OEM designs. NOT Clones.
Atleast that's what A.W said.

Well I guess I must have missed/overlooked this info when it was announced. I would still consider it a clone no matter who owns the rights to the design.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
If you're planning on waiting for the iEvolution you'd better brace yourself for when they announce it's price seeing as how their outdated flashcart is still selling for 40+.

Price don't matter to some of us, I bought 2 CycloDs Evo's at $$45 each$$, and will gladly pay that for the next release. As for the outdated part, I still use mine and it works great, and it had plenty of firmware updates this year. What exactly is outdated about the CycloDS?

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
hullo8d said:

Price don't matter to some of us, I bought 2 CycloDs Evo's at $$45 each$$, and will gladly pay that for the next release. As for the outdated part, I still use mine and it works great, and it had plenty of firmware updates this year. What exactly is outdated about the CycloDS?
Well it isn't as out dated as it is shitty. If you'd paid attention you'd know that there are better card with more support at half the price. If money really wasn't a problem for you, you could have sprung for a DStwo, a cart which doesn't need any firmware updates for it to work properly.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must you argue with everyone? CycloDS has better support than any of those cards. They are the only card makes you can email or post on their forum and get a response directly from a developer. In English. That means a lot to some people.

Just end the arguement. Its not giving the TC any information he didn't know already.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hate the DSTWO GUI but I have to admit the DSTWO has better RTS and cheat functions and for me that makes the DSTWO the better card.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Must you argue with everyone? CycloDS has better support than any of those cards. They are the only card makes you can email or post on their forum and get a response directly from a developer. In English. That means a lot to some people.

Just end the arguement. Its not giving the TC any information he didn't know already.

Sorry if my tone seemed aggressive, but I find it ridiculous to pay 45 dollars for a flashcart; for that kind of money it better have a built in switch blade and lighter.

When I said "support" I was referring to compatibility, the CycloDS is past its glory days and if falling behind the big 3. It's good an all that they are responsive, but it doesn't help when their forums get taken down for weeks.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
I really hate the DSTWO GUI but I have to admit the DSTWO has better RTS and cheat functions and for me that makes the DSTWO the better card.
Cyclods has RTS too...one of the first to have it if I'm not mistaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.