Hacking DSTwo vs cyclo

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DS Lite (DSL), which has a GBA slot, and a CycloDS. There is no massive reason to get a DSTWO except for some extra convenience.

You can play SNES games on it, but you can do that on a CycloDS as well (abiet a different homebrew, might not be as pretty).
You can play GBA games on it, but you can do that on a CycloDS as well (built in GBA slot, via 3in1).
You can play Videos on it, unconverted. You cannot do this on a CycloDS, you can play converted ones. But trust me, its not really worth doing on a DSL. (screen is too small)

If you already own a CycloDS and you only have a DSL, the follow reasons may reasons to switch.
So if you have problems with some games Anti-piracy, perhaps get DSTWO (but make sure it works on it first).
If you are a big retro gamer and want better SNES support, you might consider getting a DSTWO.
If you are a code creator or do a lot of cheating in games (shame on you!
wink.gif
), DSTWO might be worth considering.

If you do not already own a CycloDS and you have a DSL. Get a DSTWO.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys remember how often Cyclops actually update their cards? vs the DSTwo? It seems that even if the Cyclo Flash Cart was better then the DSTwo even though i have not tried any one considering the reliability of updates and compatibility, I would have to stick with something i know is good for future dates and not just "Of the times" or so to say.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Do you guys remember how often Cyclops actually update their cards? vs the DSTwo? It seems that even if the Cyclo Flash Cart was better then the DSTwo even though i have not tried any one considering the reliability of updates and compatibility, I would have to stick with something i know is good for future dates and not just "Of the times" or so to say.

the dstwo does not need to be updated, most if not all games works, and it bypass most if not all AP without updates,
the cyclo need updates because it can't play new games
and the cyclo still can't play some of the newer games, even after the update..it's past it's glory days, and nothing about that cart justify the $45 price tag

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Cyclo may include SCDS2 capabilities... There´s nothing known for now.

So I prefer to wait up to more detailed cyclo specs

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting a card which does not require to be updated seems like it would eventually be outclassed one way or the other hm.... maybe just maybe AceKard is still best
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1