DSTWO to 3DS Home Screen issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zaertix, Aug 25, 2011.

Aug 25, 2011

DSTWO to 3DS Home Screen issue by Zaertix at 6:40 AM (1,870 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Zaertix
    OP

Member Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So when I get done playing my DS games (DScraft mainly) I press home and the screen blacks out and such. I can't get it back without hard resetting the system.

How/Is there a fix for this?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I don't experience the problem you have with commercial roms. Maybe you should try enabling homebrew soft reset and resetting the cart back to the DSTwo menu screens before pressing the home button?

3. Zaertix
    OP

Member Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well I've even tried it with commercial roms and it still does it. So I don't know what the problem is.

4. 9thSage

Member 9thSage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've never had that problem with homebrew OR with commercial ROMs.

5. Frankenstein Tan

Member Frankenstein Tan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never had that problem either. You may just need to re-format the card and start fresh.

6. mewtwomaster3

Newcomer mewtwomaster3 Member

United States
    Do you mean the home button that is centered at the bottom of the touch screen? Because if that is what you are talking about, maybe the firmware has not been updated yet to support that button.

7. tobi2006

Newcomer tobi2006 Member

Germany
    Got the same problem. Sometimes it switches back to the home screen like normal but the DSTwo isn't recognized. But sometimes, i think especially by using homebrew software, it switches to black screen and it turns after some seconds itself off.

Also I recognized a bug by using Comic Book DS, which comes up sometimes: You switch to home screen while reading a comic and the icon, which shows up is a black box with purple lines instead of "Alex Rider Stormbreaker" icon and the header shows nothing... (This black box doesn't get a post into the activity log...)

Trying to recreate the bug comes up with a black screen and white font: "An error occured, please turn off your system and retry..." (Translated from german)

I think I will use my DS Lite for my DSTwo...