Dstwo SuperCard problem with ver. 5.1.0-11u 3ds xl

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by eilan25, Apr 20, 2013.

Apr 20, 2013
  1. eilan25
    OP

Member eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Ok so a couple of days ago I updated my Dstwo card with the new 1.19 update, that should work with 5.1.0-11x, updated the 3ds and tested it and it worked.
    I then turned off my 3ds and only turned it on again today but the Dstwo isn't working any more!
    I just get a black&white screens and that's it.... is there anything I can do?
    plus I only got my 3ds so I can't re-update with another device (yeah, kinda annoying)

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Is the black and white screen just black and white, or is it an error message?

3. eilan25
    OP

Israel
    top screen is black, bottem is white.
    that's it

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    See if reinstalling a fresh copy of EoS and such allows it to boot one more time. If so you likely have one of the faulty batch and should get a replacement from the shop that sold it to you.

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Do you (or someone you can borrow from) have a DS/DSLite you could try it on, just to see if it works there?

6. eilan25
    OP

Israel
    I do not have any access to any other DS, they are not sold in my country so they are not very common, even in the "gamers" community...
    Anyway I pluged the SD card to my PC and it demanded to format it and said something in the file system was corrupt. I am using a recovery wizard to save my files but something tells me I am screwed update-wise...
    well, I'll let it finish and see how it will end up...

7. eilan25
    OP

Israel
    sorry about the double post but HOLY SH*T it worked!!!
    It seemed I have lost a little bit of data but nothing major. saved game data all still there!
    maybe I had a bad .nds file? or maybe the card just desided it want to stop working? this is really odd

THIS IS THE SOLUTION (in case anyone else gets this):

I used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.8.0 to recover my data to my desktop and then did a QUICK FORMAT with SDFormatter
    Then I just copied the files to the root of the sd card and ta-da!
    (Notice that when you recover you may see filed that you deleted previously, you can just choose not to recover them via check-box)

thank you for the quick replay!

8. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Yea, definitely seems to be a contact issue with the DS's in general (not just the 3DS... this has been something that I've endured with since the DS lites way back when).

I just wish there was an easier way to clean them (on both the game cards and especially on the system itself).

9. Yepi69

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    I remembered when my card got corrupted multiple times.........

If I was you, I would make a backup of your microSD card once a week, DS flashcards tend to fuck up microSD cards sometimes.

10. eilan25
    OP

Israel
    it's kind of odd that I have not seen any thread about this issue because I dad A LOT of research.
    but as long as I know I can recover it's ok, I guess....
    I know that as long as you don't do a full format you can pretty much recover almost all of your data from SD cards

11. Chocolina

Member Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you ever get a screen with writing on it, then the 3DS knows whats up and prevents you.

If you get just-black screens or white or a mix, then theres either a problem with your files or a problem with the DSTwo, memory card, or their contacts.

It appears that DSTwo's spring slot works against it.