Hardware Dstwo SuperCard problem with ver. 5.1.0-11u 3ds xl

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok so a couple of days ago I updated my Dstwo card with the new 1.19 update, that should work with 5.1.0-11x, updated the 3ds and tested it and it worked.
I then turned off my 3ds and only turned it on again today but the Dstwo isn't working any more!
I just get a black&white screens and that's it.... is there anything I can do?
plus I only got my 3ds so I can't re-update with another device (yeah, kinda annoying)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you (or someone you can borrow from) have a DS/DSLite you could try it on, just to see if it works there?

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I do not have any access to any other DS, they are not sold in my country so they are not very common, even in the "gamers" community...
Anyway I pluged the SD card to my PC and it demanded to format it and said something in the file system was corrupt. I am using a recovery wizard to save my files but something tells me I am screwed update-wise...
well, I'll let it finish and see how it will end up...

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
sorry about the double post but HOLY SH*T it worked!!!
It seemed I have lost a little bit of data but nothing major. saved game data all still there!
maybe I had a bad .nds file? or maybe the card just desided it want to stop working? this is really odd

THIS IS THE SOLUTION (in case anyone else gets this):

I used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.8.0 to recover my data to my desktop and then did a QUICK FORMAT with SDFormatter
Then I just copied the files to the root of the sd card and ta-da!
(Notice that when you recover you may see filed that you deleted previously, you can just choose not to recover them via check-box)

thank you for the quick replay!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, definitely seems to be a contact issue with the DS's in general (not just the 3DS... this has been something that I've endured with since the DS lites way back when).

I just wish there was an easier way to clean them (on both the game cards and especially on the system itself).

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry about the double post but HOLY SH*T it worked!!!
It seemed I have lost a little bit of data but nothing major. saved game data all still there!
maybe I had a bad .nds file? or maybe the card just desided it want to stop working? this is really odd

THIS IS THE SOLUTION (in case anyone else gets this):

I used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.8.0 to recover my data to my desktop and then did a QUICK FORMAT with SDFormatter
Then I just copied the files to the root of the sd card and ta-da!
(Notice that when you recover you may see filed that you deleted previously, you can just choose not to recover them via check-box)

thank you for the quick replay!
I remembered when my card got corrupted multiple times.........

If I was you, I would make a backup of your microSD card once a week, DS flashcards tend to fuck up microSD cards sometimes.

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
it's kind of odd that I have not seen any thread about this issue because I dad A LOT of research.
but as long as I know I can recover it's ok, I guess....
I know that as long as you don't do a full format you can pretty much recover almost all of your data from SD cards

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever get a screen with writing on it, then the 3DS knows whats up and prevents you.

If you get just-black screens or white or a mix, then theres either a problem with your files or a problem with the DSTwo, memory card, or their contacts.

It appears that DSTwo's spring slot works against it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)