Hardware Dstwo SuperCard problem with ver. 5.1.0-11u 3ds xl

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok so a couple of days ago I updated my Dstwo card with the new 1.19 update, that should work with 5.1.0-11x, updated the 3ds and tested it and it worked.
I then turned off my 3ds and only turned it on again today but the Dstwo isn't working any more!
I just get a black&white screens and that's it.... is there anything I can do?
plus I only got my 3ds so I can't re-update with another device (yeah, kinda annoying)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you (or someone you can borrow from) have a DS/DSLite you could try it on, just to see if it works there?

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I do not have any access to any other DS, they are not sold in my country so they are not very common, even in the "gamers" community...
Anyway I pluged the SD card to my PC and it demanded to format it and said something in the file system was corrupt. I am using a recovery wizard to save my files but something tells me I am screwed update-wise...
well, I'll let it finish and see how it will end up...

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
sorry about the double post but HOLY SH*T it worked!!!
It seemed I have lost a little bit of data but nothing major. saved game data all still there!
maybe I had a bad .nds file? or maybe the card just desided it want to stop working? this is really odd

THIS IS THE SOLUTION (in case anyone else gets this):

I used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.8.0 to recover my data to my desktop and then did a QUICK FORMAT with SDFormatter
Then I just copied the files to the root of the sd card and ta-da!
(Notice that when you recover you may see filed that you deleted previously, you can just choose not to recover them via check-box)

thank you for the quick replay!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, definitely seems to be a contact issue with the DS's in general (not just the 3DS... this has been something that I've endured with since the DS lites way back when).

I just wish there was an easier way to clean them (on both the game cards and especially on the system itself).

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry about the double post but HOLY SH*T it worked!!!
It seemed I have lost a little bit of data but nothing major. saved game data all still there!
maybe I had a bad .nds file? or maybe the card just desided it want to stop working? this is really odd

THIS IS THE SOLUTION (in case anyone else gets this):

I used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.8.0 to recover my data to my desktop and then did a QUICK FORMAT with SDFormatter
Then I just copied the files to the root of the sd card and ta-da!
(Notice that when you recover you may see filed that you deleted previously, you can just choose not to recover them via check-box)

thank you for the quick replay!
I remembered when my card got corrupted multiple times.........

If I was you, I would make a backup of your microSD card once a week, DS flashcards tend to fuck up microSD cards sometimes.

eilan25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
it's kind of odd that I have not seen any thread about this issue because I dad A LOT of research.
but as long as I know I can recover it's ok, I guess....
I know that as long as you don't do a full format you can pretty much recover almost all of your data from SD cards

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever get a screen with writing on it, then the 3DS knows whats up and prevents you.

If you get just-black screens or white or a mix, then theres either a problem with your files or a problem with the DSTwo, memory card, or their contacts.

It appears that DSTwo's spring slot works against it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?