Hacking DSTWO Skins

blastar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xcdjy said:
Nice skins, muchy liking. How hard is the skin editor to use? From what I've read, it's not fully translated yet...

i'm the author auf this editor and i choosed 'english' for default... i think it's better than my mother tounge... ;-) if you find some correction please report!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
.... also it's being updated every now and again to make it better, if you want the latest version I suggest heading over to supercard's DSTWO forum, I'm not sure if the one linked here is the latest.
That's why I also added the link to the forums - so that people can check. I'm not always popping in to update the link
laugh.gif

@ Via: First post been updated with your skin

viz

neckbeard
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the repost cannonfodder even though to you messed up my name
tongue.gif

I actually just updated the skin (for i think the last time), same download link as before

heres a new picture:
CIRCUIT_BLUE_by_viz.png

it still has a clock I just edited it out since It wont show up correctly in the skineditor

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to double post, but it's just to let CannonFoddr know there's a new skin in his thread so he can update the OP.

Bluelights
blueskinpreview.png

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=11685

I'm actually not sure how to install a loading screen, but I made one anyways for those who do know.

loadingscreen.png

Edit: Figured out how to change the loading screen. Replace DSGAME.nds in the _dstwo folder with the one hacked with the bluelights loading screen found in the zip file of my skin.

Edit2: Made a "Plugin" skin to match the other one

11686-plugpreview.png

http://filetrip.net/f11686-%5BDSTWO%5D-Blu...n-Skin-1-0.html

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
Done-&-Done ... All on first post now

@ coattails: can you check the 'How to change the Loading Screen' instruction I've placed on first post..
I THINK that is how you did it, but really need confirmation - thanks

Yeah that's how I did it, those instructions are perfect.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
coattails said:
CannonFoddr said:
Done-&-Done ... All on first post now

@ coattails: can you check the 'How to change the Loading Screen' instruction I've placed on first post..
I THINK that is how you did it, but really need confirmation - thanks
Yeah that's how I did it, those instructions are perfect.
What.. even the 'offset value' was right ??? - Wow I'm better than I thought (I wasn't sure 'cos it's a bit hard to see if the top edge was exactly right)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixclaws said:
Very nice skin Coattails ;D. Now all we need is to wait for them to make the GBA emulator skinnable
tongue.gif

It's already skinnable, just change the images in the gui folder which is inside the system folder.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
phoenixclaws said:
Very nice skin Coattails ;D. Now all we need is to wait for them to make the GBA emulator skinnable
tongue.gif
Erm - GBA Emulator is 'skinnable' - sort off - Look in '/NDSGBA/System/gui/' folder & you'll see the graphics used for the main menu etc

(oh - & to check something out - does anyone else have a graphics file with a name of '?µÁÁ.bmp' (or similar) in that folder ??? - it's a small orange floppy disk icon)

TaNmAn150

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mm.. when I try to edit my loading screen. I try to boot up the NDS game plug in, and it doesnt load, all I see is the bottom screen, just the skin no games. What have i done wrong?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TaNmAn150 said:
mm.. when I try to edit my loading screen. I try to boot up the NDS game plug in, and it doesnt load, all I see is the bottom screen, just the skin no games. What have i done wrong?
Do you see anything ??? like folders etc

If not I can only guess that when you edited your 'Loading...' screen - you didn't do it right quite right.

When using the program on first post to change the 'Loading..' screen - You MUST make sure you have the existing 'Loading' screen showing EXACTLY right before you replace it with whatever you want to change it to.

Your replacement graphic MUST also be exactly 256 x 192 pixels in size, & I think it also has to be 24-bit colour depth as well (although that part I'm not to sure about)

One way to see if you have made a mistake is to replace the 'DSGame.nds' from the official download & see if you get the games etc showing... if so, then you'll know it was the 'DSGame.nds' file that was causing the problem

TaNmAn150

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. okay, i'll try it again. thanks for the fast reply, let me get back to you

EDIT - Fixed, lol now I feel dumb. Thanks alot for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh