CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I agree. If they planned things a little better, I think they could've had the same sized graphics (& same named) as those used by the gba emulator then you'll only need the one skin for both emulators (they could also move the skin folder into the dstwo folder as well)

Now I've gotta make a new section up when I start getting SNES skins

I don't think it would've been to bad if they stuck to the same size graphics. Someone could've made a prog that just copied (and renamed) the graphics from one folder to the other to make things easier

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
any chance you could upload both a 'paint' saved version and the 16bit 'gimp' version of the same graphic so that we can compare them.

Also is it a particular colour that changes or several ?
(I'm thinking that perhaps one of the colours is accidentally being turned transparent)

Also iirc it's the 3rd option in gimp that has something like '1x 5r 5g 5b' (cant check at the moment as I'm on my phone) that you should be using

EDIT: @ Rockstar - here it is
4979269819_aa8332b8b0.jpg
4979269957_7641f3ca66.jpg
4979269961_689f1a4b1b.jpg

Download Barcelona FC skin pack
Hope you like it
p.s. don't worry about the white text on the eos skin being out of place - it IS in the right place, just the preview grab was wrong
Like it?I love it, it looks great and the colors blend well thanks for all the work, good job with this thread too
smile.gif

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS2 Skin Installer is complete if you want to check it out here.

So if people want to repackage their skins to allow for much easier skin installation, that'd be great
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whoa - that's a bit sneaky... thought you were concentrating on the skin maker program
laugh.gif

Anyway - thanks for the info
yay.gif
I've added it to the first post (although I've not tried it - it looks promising) along with a screenshot (You can use it on your post if you like)

It's a shame you've not had any feedback about the DSHomebrew server side of things (or have you ?
unsure.gif
) otherwise you could've had these ds2skin packs as 'downloadable content' ........

.......Hang on, here's a thought
- why not get in contact with 'Carre' (the person in who has the DS2 Skin [french] website & ask if He'll be happy to host your 'ds2skin' packs
- then have words with Fef51 (the person who made DS2Tools) to ask if he can share the download code of his program

Between the 3 of you - you could create a new method of skin download
wink2.gif

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the interface of the SNES Emulator is so similar to the GBA one, is it possible for someone to make a "Circuit Nebula" SNES Emulator Skin????

It would be much appreciated!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nathancnc said:
Since the interface of the SNES Emulator is so similar to the GBA one, is it possible for someone to make a "Circuit Nebula" SNES Emulator Skin????

It would be much appreciated!
Hell, you could probably get away with using the exact same skin.
Not that I've tried.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
nathancnc said:
Since the interface of the SNES Emulator is so similar to the GBA one, is it possible for someone to make a "Circuit Nebula" SNES Emulator Skin???? ...It would be much appreciated!
Hell, you could probably get away with using the exact same skin....Not that I've tried.
No you can't - I've tried it

The graphic sizes for the buttons on the SNES are different to that on the GBA.. what happens is you get the bottom left corner of the GBA buttons showing in the SNES emulator
Also the names of the grahics are differnt between to two emulators (most of the SNES ones have an additional 's' stuck on the front)

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To kick off the new ds2skin format, I've packaged the default skin and a slightly altered default skin into ds2skin files.

Follow the instructions to learn how to install ds2skin packages.

[ds2skin] Default
[ds2skin] Default Blue

The default .ds2skin package will allow you to revert your DSTwo back to it's default skins. (EOS, GBA, SNES, iReader, Plugins, Patch, Loading). The Default Blue is a just a recoloured version.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[SKIN REQUEST]

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to make a spawn skin
for me and my son..we both are into comics and spawn is one of our favorite character

I know the dstwo has alot of skins and takes alot of work, so all I'm asking is for the "DS_GAME" menu skin
something like this
spawn_0.jpg

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks VatoLoco.

Is there any chance you can make that full skin pack into a ds2skin package? I want to fully test my program out with various skin packs, plus hopefully this'll become a bit of a standard for skin developers. Skin packs like this are ideal for ds2skin packages.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yupyup =), ive been meaning to try this program out.

i gave it a spin and added a .ds2kin to my Tron package.
i really like the app, nice job on it Stormwave!
i like how it can make a 'loading' screen from your current DSGAME.nds when you install it =D

now to update my other two themes heh.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
While you're mentioning it Stormwave - here's a question for everyone.

Would you prefer me to .......
  • a) Keep the 'Multiskin' packs as they are (which are currently a mixture of Zip and RAR files)
    b) Would you prefer them in '.ds2skin' packs (for 'ease' of installation) instead
    c) Have Both - leave multiskin section as is, but add ds2skin 'mirror' links (& if you prefer this, would you like a seperate 'ds2skin' section as well)
    d) The skin developers create & submit ds2skin packs to Stormwave - leave it to him if he want's to add them to his thread

e) Create a Wiki page for DS2Skins - similar to the plugin Wiki (but without the icons in first column, but links to the screenshots instead) - this way people with Wiki access can add as & when possible

Incidentally - IF the Wiki page idea is popular, IMHO it would ONLY have the one section containing all the ds2skin packs (even if it contains only one skin) & no Duplicate entries
    4995483873_c007b94a01_b.jpg
EDIT #2: forget the above - I've made a start on a Wiki page

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I personally think e) is the best option all round, since it'll guide people to what the .ds2skin packages do and how to install them, aswell as a full listing of skins. The only problem is I haven't really got the time atm to create or manage something like that myself, so would you (or somebody else) be willing to manage such a page?

QUOTEYupyup =), ive been meaning to try this program out.

i gave it a spin and added a .ds2kin to my Tron package.
i really like the app, nice job on it Stormwave!
i like how it can make a 'loading' screen from your current DSGAME.nds when you install it =D

now to update my other two themes heh.

Excellent, thanks for the update. The .ds2skin works fine.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Stormwave said:
QUOTE said:
I personally think e) is the best option all round, since it'll guide people to what the .ds2skin packages do and how to install them, aswell as a full listing of skins. The only problem is I haven't really got the time atm to create or manage something like that myself, so would you (or somebody else) be willing to manage such a page?
No problem about you having to do the Wiki (I know you're busy with other projects etc) - once I've (or some1 else) has the basic page/table set up... it'll just need the occasional update as & when new ds2skin packs appear

EDIT: I quite like the idea of a Wiki page - so I've 'reserved' one @ http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_ds2skin , but may I ask all the skin makers NOT to start adding any ds2skin packs to it just yet as I'm currently making (i.e. experimenting with) the Template/Tables etc to get a suitable layout - Thanks

But take a look & post back here any comments/suggestions & I'll see if I'll fix/add them

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
i added the Tron.ds2skin to the wiki you started, Cannon

blush.gif
oops, i guess i jumped the gun, i just read yer post edit "I ask all the skin makers NOT to start adding any ds2skin packs"
heh, i undid my addition till you give the go-ahead =)

...buuuut, while im posting, i may as well mention that i updated the Tron plug-in menu (i didnt like the bottom scroll arrows).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work