Hacking Dstwo problems

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i recently found my old dstwo and tried to play it on my new 3ds xl and checked to see if there were updates from the official site and there was nothing except stuff from 2015 my question is will there ever be an update or must i shell out the same price for a dstwo plus? also another question when will dstwo plus be able to play 3ds games at V11.0.0-33U

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i asked when it would be available not if it would so maybe soon maybe later maybe when the nx comes out and makes the 3ds obsolete?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
so i recently found my old dstwo and tried to play it on my new 3ds xl and checked to see if there were updates from the official site and there was nothing except stuff from 2015 my question is will there ever be an update or must i shell out the same price for a dstwo plus? also another question when will dstwo plus be able to play 3ds games at V11.0.0-33U
dstwo will never be able to play 3ds games...
it's a DS MODE flashcart.

flashcarts for 3ds games are nowadays useless (except in very few cases and sky3ds being usefull cuz you can use it on unmodded 3ds)

getting a dstwo+ is not worth it... the normal does almost everything the plus does.. and the plus requires a certain firmware range to work..

use it for ds games. it's the best at that job,
as for 3ds hax, you don't need a card anymore... you can mod the console (if possible) and play the games from the SD

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question #1 when will the [dstwo] will be able to run in V11.0.0-33U

Question #2 when will the [dstwo plus] be able to play 3ds games in V11.0.0-33U

they are two seperate questions if i have to pay more money to use the dstwo plus then i want to know the answer to question 2 if i dont have to pay and can use my existing dstwo then i want to know the answer to question 1 sorry if i wasnt clear

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dstwo works with v11.0 without problems. Last update is from 2014 I think. You just have to make sure the most recent update is installed.

As long as there is no arm9 kernel exploit for v11.0 which enables to run games the dstwo plus won't be compatible with that firmware. Last firmware where it works is 9.2.0.

Last edited by GothicIII,
D

Deleted-394630

Question #1 when will the [dstwo] will be able to run in V11.0.0-33U

Question #2 when will the [dstwo plus] be able to play 3ds games in V11.0.0-33U

they are two seperate questions if i have to pay more money to use the dstwo plus then i want to know the answer to question 2 if i dont have to pay and can use my existing dstwo then i want to know the answer to question 1 sorry if i wasnt clear
1. Should work fine as of now on 11.0.0-33U

2. Never, I think Gateway is bricking those who use the 3ds feature on the DSTwo Plus. Even if they weren't, this feature can't, and probably never will work on any firmware above 9.2.0.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my DStwoi has the very last update they released and works fine (with DS, & thru Emu SNES, NES, GBA) with the latest 11. x.x firmware. Sadly the Sky3ds cards are (limted) to retail release games iow no eshop releases or games (.3ds) when the systems updated to 11.x.x.x they advertise additional usefulness but the fine priint says it's only poss. with hax + (so why should they even mention it?!?!) otherwise but you really need to see the 'fine print' not worth the price imo.

JordanB500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im assuming the reason mine isnt working is because of hardware failure it is somewhat old if i get it to work ill tell ya and also for the hacks do they require a game cartridge or is it softmod? id prefer the latter option if available

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hack is a softmod, that requires a one of two dsiware from the eshop, which are 5 bucks each. You also need another 3ds, that has godmode9 and cfw. I am pretty sure there are people on gbatemp who can do the service for you if you dont have another hacked 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs