ROM Hack DSTWO or Acekard2i and EZflash 3in1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, Im new to this forum. I recently purchased a used DS Lite (from someone on this forum) with a TTDS for my girlfriend, then decided to buy a DS Lite for myself. Now Im looking for a flashcart to buy for my own DS (apparently TTDS isnt that good of a choice, lol).

After reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, and researching different options, I think I have a farely good handle of flashcarts.

Ive narrowed it down to two choices: The DSTWO and the Acekard2i.

But I also want to be able to play GBA games on my DS as well. So if I opted for the Acekard, I'd also purchase an EZflash 3in1 as well.

Im just not sure which would be the better choice.

It seems that the DSTWO would be the cheaper option, and it has more features, but Ive also read that the DSTWO's gba emulator isnt that great.
Apparently there is lag issues, and it really drains the battery.

Also I may plan on getting a 3DS in the future...but if I do, it probably wont be for at least another 6 months.
Thats another area thats confusing to me. I dont want to buy a card and then find out that it no longer works with the 3DS.

Anyone care to help me out? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i and the EZ Flash, definitely. While tons of people will praise the DSTwo for it's GBA emulator, it really isn't all that great compared to an actual GBA flashcard. The only downside would be if you got a 3DS, you would lose the GBA function (that is, unless you keep your DSL).

As for whether or not your flashcard will work on the 3DS, it probably will but we don't know. Chances are, there will be more updates for the 3DS that will block flashcards, but a workaround is usually released with the first week or so. So I suppose it depends, but I'm pretty sure they will work in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.