Hacking DSTwo GBA Button Issue

rubejb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that it has been established that the Supercard team is aware of the bug in their GBA emulator that stops you from remapping the B button. But since it seems to take forever for them to update their software, would it be easy for someone to create an alternate version of it?

I ask this because I see that CATSFC seems to be a modified version of the official DSTwo SFC program (although perhaps I'm wrong on that).

Thanks!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically what Rydian said, and plus they screwed up game compatibility with version 1.30 so all newer version probably won't work with it either, i imagine to keep the current compatibility we'll be on 1.21 w/ game_config.txt forever

and i remember seeing somewhere that the source won't be released because darkchen, the creator of the original emulator (which got ported to the DS2 in the form of NDSGBA) will not let team Supercard release it

so basically you'll never be able to remap the B button (muhahahahahahaha)

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
There's no point in remapping it anyway.
Ummm yes there is, if you put the "B" button where the "Y" is then it makes a whole lot easier to play action games . The current set up is only good for RPGs . If i want to play metroid for the GBA i have to use my PSP .

D

Deleted-236924

ferret7463 said:
Pingouin7 said:
Ummm yes there is, if you put the "B" button where the "Y" is then it makes a whole lot easier to play action games . The current set up is only good for RPGs . If i want to play metroid for the GBA i have to use my PSP .
I've been playing Metroid Zero Mission on the DSTwo emulator and I was fine with the default settings.
I'll have you know the A and B buttons are placed in a similar manner on the original GBA as well.

rubejb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
ferret7463 said:
Pingouin7 said:
I've been playing Metroid Zero Mission on the DSTwo emulator and I was fine with the default settings.
I'll have you know the A and B buttons are placed in a similar manner on the original GBA as well.

What works fine for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

Back in the day of the original Xbox, before they redesigned those horrible massive controllers, my friends and I used to play DOA3 a lot. I would always have to remap the buttons to fit the way I played. Essentially what I was doing was changing the buttons so each one was rotated (clockwise I believe) one button over.

Two of my friends argued that this didn't make sense while another one was on my side.

For the DS It feels natural to put the pad of my thumb on the Y button and hit B with the underside knuckle part for games like Mario where you're running and jumping. Using the default A and B buttons just feels awkward.

I guess it's really silly to argue about it since it's already been stated that:

1) A custom version of the GBA emulator isn't possible since the source isn't released.

2) It probably won't be updated for a long time if ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol