guitarmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am having a problem with my new DSTT I just received today. When I start up my DS-lite with it inserted, it freezes at the initial "health and safety" screen. If I start up the DS without the DSTT cart, it loads up fine. But when I put the cart in, nothing happens.

I am 90% sure my cart is real (ordered from DX). The SD slot is rounded, and all the internals seem to match the images from the NDSTT site. I formatted my microSD card (2GB Kingston) with the Panasonic SD Formatter software, copied the kernal I downloaded from the NDSTT site to the root of the SD card.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a hardware problem? I hope it is the former, because I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive, and don't want to wait another 3 weeks for another one. If anyone can shed some light on my problem that would be great. Thanks.
smile.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm,did you try other games/flash carts?Because if you insert DSTT in the DS,it shouldn't do that from what I know,try blowing the DSTT(bottom part)and the Slot-1 to make sure the dust comes out,it may work.

guitarmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't have any other carts. I just got my DS and only games I have are GBA games and they all work fine. I've tried all the tips I found on search (blowing out the dust was the first thing I tried) and nothing seems to work. I'm beginning to think I got a faulty cart or something.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah,most likely,but still,try borrowing another game(DS)from someone and see if it works,because even if you exchange it and same results,meaning you have to get you DS fixed

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you insert the DSTT without a microSD card in it, you should get an icon that says "No Card". If you don't get that icon without a microSD card in the DSTT, you have a faulty DSTT. Most hardware problems are due to the DSTT not making proper contact with the NDS. Try putting some paper or cardboard in along with the DSTT opposite the contacts to help push the DSTT towards the NDS contacts and try again.

-Bri

guitarmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried that right now, and it didn't freeze at the health and safety warning. Still wouldn't recognize the cart though.

Fuster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If i understand correctly your ds goes to the menu when your dstt is inside and it says no ds card inserted. If the dstt is plugged in it should show the health and safety screen and (without tapping the screen or anything) load the dstt menu.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
guitarmy said:
I just tried that right now, and it didn't freeze at the health and safety warning. Still wouldn't recognize the cart though.

More information please. Did you get an icon that says "No card" or anything when you inserted the DSTT without a microSD card in it?

Did you try the paper/cardboard trick to help it make contact?

-Bri

guitarmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried the paper trick, it went straight to the regular DS Calendar and Pictochat screen. When put the cart in without the paper, it freezes at the health and safety warning. It's the same whether I have a microSD card in it or not.

I also went and bought a game and it works, so it's not a problem with my DS.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well...sad that you had too go waste your money and all...anyways,the problem is really the DSTT,go get a different flash cart,like Acekard or something
biggrin.gif

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually get this from time to time on my Dstt. Mine is the very first batches that came out.

Usually, I just switch the unit off and on again - works fine after that.
This happens once a Month or so. Very random and rare, not predictable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt