Hacking DSTT Firmware Mods - Anyone know how to?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm also using the Ewin expansion pack, but I may have patched Opera. I'll try an unpatched version, and also try renaming the GBA loader (in case maybe it's using the loader).

What is the name of your Opera .nds file?

-Bri

Chewy954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumble works by default, so my guess is that the Ram feature does to for the browser? I hope so
tongue.gif

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
I am inwork so cannot check specificaly but was sourced in the usual manner. NINTENDO DS OPERA BROWSER (=SPANISH WORD=) .8M in size.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
opera loads fine (unpatched version) when i have my ewin expansion pack inserted. I dont even have the gbaldr file on my microsd card. i guess he build it into the gui. Also .nes and .gb files get recognized and want to boot with either pocketnes.gba or goomba.gba

And when i load mariokart.gba it creates a .sav file and loads in gba mode
blink.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It must be the fact that I have a patched version of Opera. I'll try it with the unpatched version and see if it works.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I cannot get it to run Opera without Opera complaining about not being able to find the memory expansion. I'm using the unpatched US version. I wonder why it's not working for me. What version of YSMENU are you using?

-Bri

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the latest YSmenu build. Its only available in a "Chinese"? language version at present.

YSMENU0802010228.

NOR GBA functionality has been added and Sram-> file option.
The skins support works with this build so the file name must be the same for both languages.

Lets hope a English updated build is not too far off.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rwilts,

Yes, I get that display but it goes by too fast so I can't tell you exactly what it says. Then Opera comes up, but asks me to insert the memory expansion (which is already inserted) and says to click the checkmark to turn off the NDS (and no other options). I know the expansion pack is installed and works because if I run the GBA loader first, it works.

I'm using YSMENU0801290230e which I thought was the latest English version.

-Bri

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont no why its not working for you as it clearly is for me and others.

Have you tried clearing your card and starting fresh, maybe something got corrupted when the files were written.

Also i have noticed today (unrelated ) that if you press SELECT on any directory screen it changes what is seen , ALL , GAMES , SAV etc..

I paniced when i could not find any of my roms just the sav files
cry.gif

Is there anywhere a definitive guide to this homebrew?

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its very unlikely. If you look at what Yasu have achieved in a very small time frame, he's obviously a very skilled coder. Perhaps he has inside info and has both the source code to the official menu and Rudolf's 3-1 tool. If he has not and has simply reversed engineered the code from both apps then its an exceptional piece of work. Any ways he is currently making great strides and if you like a clean uncluttered feature complete UI then YSmenu is the weapon of choice for the DSTT.

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you explain what the install instructions mean in English
biggrin.gif

I gave the version a go a few days ago that said to just replace the dat file with the new one. However all i got was a two blank screens and an dialog box appeared when i pressed a buton but no words.

Would like to give this new version a go but dont understand the .exe in menu etc...
wacko.gif

I'll try.

1. First things first make sure you are running the latest official OS which is TTMenu OS v1.07, 2007-12-17
2. Make a back up of your original TTMENU.DAT on your flash card so if anything goes wrong you can just overwrite the new unofficial YSMENU version.
3. Download the new YSMENU0801290230e build and unzip the files.
4. You should have three files: ttextract.exe and the new TTMENU.DAT and a text file.
5. Copy the new TTMENU.DAT to the root of your flashcard overwriting the official file.
6. Make a temp folder on your PC and copy the ttextract.exe to it. Also copy the Original Official TTMenu OS v1.07 TTMENU.DAT to the same folder and run the ttextract.exe file. This will create two new files. Copy ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat to TTMenu directory on your microSD.
7. Copy your skin Bmp's [YSMenu1.bmp YSMenu2.bmp] to TTMenu on your microSD. Edit: you will have to create these Bmps yourself or use/rename the default bgDown.bmp/bgUp.bmp files found in the skin/default folder.
8. Job done.

I spent more than an hour trying to get this right, even following rwilts' hint to put the images to the TTMenu's folder root level, and as it turns out i overlooked the part where i should rename them to YSMenu#.bmp.
hate2.gif

Thanks much, friend, now i have Old Snake sneaking around my DS again!
grog.gif

Now to figure out how to change the text color in YSMenu...

ramzeva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
non-patched opera browser works fine with exflash 3in1 and YSMenu, along with rumble.

Does anyone know if its possible to add a GBA border with YSMenu and ezflash 3in1?

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Updated English version of YSmenu released.

File name: YSMENU0802100010e

QUOTE said:
* History
+ 2008/02/10 00:10
- Function to write to NOR in EZ3in1
- Fix some bugs

+ 2008/01/29 02:30
- Read loader from file
- Setup EZ3in1,M3 as RAM Expansion (for UBR)
- Setup EZ3in1 as Rumble Pack

+ 2008/01/26 17:00
- English version

Superb. Tested the new write to NOR GBA function with EZ 3in1 and works ok on the couple of games that were on my flash card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll see hey cod is on Gamepass and go that route