Hacking DSTT error

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well after my friend getting his speedy delivery, it turns out that no games work on his dstt. Every game reports this error:
Rom loading failed]
load rom errcode=7
please reset the system.
(or something similar, i cant remeber)
I tried his microsd on my dstt and everthing works flawlessly.

I tried old kernels and the new even Ysmenu and no luck. Why is this? It cant be fake coz it came in a new package..........

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If a microSD works consistently in one DSTT but not in another, it's most likely a faulty DSTT. The most common problem with the DSTT is contact problems, although I've also heard of problems with the microSD slot. Have your friend exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cepheus said:
reformat the microsd and try again.

also, when copying files from your computer to the microsd, do not copy all of them at once. drag and drop one file at a time.

done eaxctly what u said when I first tried but no luck

i take it there is no way to fix it but to ship it back? is the procedure long and how much is it to post back to them?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the SD card is working in one DSTT but not another, it's not surprising that reformatting didn't help. The 2nd DSTT is defective. Even if it came in the new package, that only says it's (most likely) not a fake, but pretty much all products (and I mean all products in general, not just flashcarts) wind up with a few defectives getting out, that's why there are things like warranties and stores have return policies, etc.

Replacement is the only way to go. How long the procedure is and how much it costs to ship back is dependent on who you bought it from and what shipper you use.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
He used dealextreme.
btw I ordered 4 Acekard 2's, is there a high defective rate on those?

The newly redesigned Acekard 2's (which have "2.1" on them and have black PCB's) seem to have a very low defect rate. Occasionally there are reports of dealextreme sending someone an older "2.0" version (which has no "2.1" on it and has a green PCB) instead of a new "2.1" one. Some earlier batches of the "2.0" one had higher defect rates, so if you happen to get one (which I think is unlikely at this point) dealextreme should exchange it for a new "2.1" one.

-Bri

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
Don't worry, this is a common problem. I've faced this problem so many times. Chances are, its just that you have too many games on you microSD (yes, i know it sounds stupid, but when I deleted a few unnecessary games, it worked again)

Also, get the latest firmware:http://download.ndstt.com/download/os/v1.16/eng.zip

I even tried 2 games and same problems

Bri, I guess I'll find out today what version I get

Blkbull427, It creates the SYS files automatically

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ganons have you tried the latest firmware?

By the way, you should make a backup of your microSD card (just copy&paste onto desktop) then use the latest firmware.

This happened to me with FIFA 08 and FIFA 09. I never actually knew what was wrong with it, but after fiddling around with it for a full 30 minutes, it worked again. I just reformatted, at FAT16. Or try FAT32 if you want. Both should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*