Hacking DSTT - Can they overheat?

whitey012001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

A friend has a DSTT card, I helped them get it going as they are not that good with computers. They kept saying the card keeps freezing, so I made sure the micro sd card was formatted in fat, and the games were in a games folder.

I tested the card in my DS and everything seemed fine, I gave it back to my friend and they tried it at home and with in a few minutes it froze. They brough it to our sons football training session yesterday and all the games played with out a problem. She took it home and it froze within minutes. She has said that a couple of games are ok, more touch master I think, but games like professor layton freeze in minutes?

So the only think of it the card is overheating, is this possible? I know it is aproblem with some DSone cards.

Any help advice greatly appreciated, as I'm stumped now, except for buying an new card.

Neil

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope they can't over heat. I'm not sure but a good guess would be that:

1: The contacts are not connecting properly sometimes. It's defect, Return it.
2: Could be fake, see the FakeDetector & FakeRecovery_v1.16a, only for DSTT/TTDS thread.

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
whitey012001 said:
Hi,

A friend has a DSTT card, I helped them get it going as they are not that good with computers. They kept saying the card keeps freezing, so I made sure the micro sd card was formatted in fat, and the games were in a games folder.

I tested the card in my DS and everything seemed fine, I gave it back to my friend and they tried it at home and with in a few minutes it froze. They brough it to our sons football training session yesterday and all the games played with out a problem. She took it home and it froze within minutes. She has said that a couple of games are ok, more touch master I think, but games like professor layton freeze in minutes?

So the only think of it the card is overheating, is this possible? I know it is aproblem with some DSone cards.

Any help advice greatly appreciated, as I'm stumped now, except for buying an new card.

Neil

It could be that the microsd is too slow thats why certain games freeze easily.

whitey012001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

It's a sandisk 2gb. Thought they were pretty good. How do I know what speed they are? Does it say what speed they are when you buy them?

Does make sense, when I put my sandisk in to my DSone card and do the auto speed set it says 5. My sons 1gb kingston card says 54 (ish). Does confuse me slightly my sandisk 2gb when put into a sd converter works fine in my 8mp slr camera. No delays when writing to the disk.

Also why would it not freeze outside?

I've got a new one on order for myself, I will have to try it.

Thanks

Neil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o