Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dspackv1.9.png

Copper has updated DSPack to version 1.9. This update has been compiled with LibNDS v1.5.1+ and DevKitARM vR34. Additionally this update features new game support including Frogger, Amidar, Crazy Kong, Digdug, Super Qix. Be sure to check the project post page for a full list of supported ROMs by their MAME name.

Change Log said:
  • Compiled with libnds libnds 1.5.1+ & devkitarm R34
  • News machines added (Frogger, Amidar, Crazy Kong, Digdug, Super Qix, ...)
  • Alphabetically sorted listing

CODE600ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ600ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂturtles
Ameisenbaer (German)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ anteatergÂÂÂÂanteater
AmidarÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ amidar
Amidar (bootleg)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ amidarbÂÂÂÂÂÂamidar
Amidar (Olympia)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ amidaroÂÂÂÂÂÂamidar
Amidar (Stern Electronics)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ amidaruÂÂÂÂÂÂamidar
AmigoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂamigoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂamidar
AnteaterÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ anteater
BagmanÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ bagman
Bagman (Stern Electronics, set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbagmansÂÂÂÂÂÂbagman
Bagman (Stern Electronics, set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbagmans2ÂÂÂÂ bagman
Big KongÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ bigkongÂÂÂÂÂÂckong
BuccaneerÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbucanerÂÂÂÂÂÂpuckman
Crazy KongÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ckong
Crazy Kong (Alca bootleg)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂckongalcÂÂÂÂ ckong
Crazy Kong (Orca bootleg)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂckongoÂÂÂÂÂÂ ckong
Crazy Kong Part II (alternative levels)ÂÂckongpt2bÂÂÂÂckongpt2
Crazy Kong Part II (Japan)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ckongpt2jÂÂÂÂckongpt2
Crazy Kong Part II (Jeutel bootleg)ÂÂÂÂÂÂckongpt2jeuÂÂckongpt2
Crazy Kong Part II (set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ckongpt2
Crazy Kong Part II (set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ckongpt2aÂÂÂÂckongpt2
Dig Dug (Atari, rev 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ digdugat1ÂÂÂÂdigdug
Dig Dug (Atari, rev 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ digdugatÂÂÂÂ digdug
Dig Dug (rev 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdigdug1ÂÂÂÂÂÂdigdug
Dig Dug (rev 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdigdug
Dig Dug (manufactured by Sidam)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdigsidÂÂÂÂÂÂ digdug
Eyes (Zaccaria)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂeyeszacÂÂÂÂÂÂeyes
FrogÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ froggersÂÂÂÂ frogger
Frog (Falcon bootleg)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfrogfÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfrogger
Frog (Galaxian hardware)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ froggÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfrogger
FroggerÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfrogger
Frogger (Moon Cresta hardware)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ froggermcÂÂÂÂfrogger
Frogger (Sega set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ froggers1ÂÂÂÂfrogger
Frogger (Sega set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ froggers2ÂÂÂÂfrogger
Le Bagnard (set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ bagnardÂÂÂÂÂÂbagman
Le Bagnard (set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ bagnardaÂÂÂÂ bagman
Monkey DonkeyÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂmonkeydÂÂÂÂÂÂckong
Pac-Man (Galaxian hardware, set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ pacmanblÂÂÂÂ puckman
Pac-Man (Galaxian hardware, set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ pacmanblaÂÂÂÂpuckman
Super BagmanÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ sbagman
Super Bagman (Stern Electronics)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ sbagmansÂÂÂÂ sbagman
Super Qix (bootleg set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsqixb2ÂÂÂÂÂÂ sqix
The Anteater (UK)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂanteaterukÂÂ anteater
TurpinÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ turpinÂÂÂÂÂÂ turtles
TurtlesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂturtles
Zig Zag (Dig Dug hardware)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ dzigzagÂÂÂÂÂÂdigdug
Zig Zag (Galaxian hardware, set 1)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ zigzag
Zig Zag (Galaxian hardware, set 2)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ zigzag2ÂÂÂÂÂÂzigzag

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Project Post
icon11.gif
 Source

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man! Anyone care to tell me what ROMs I need to update/rename this from 1.2 to this version? I mean, I gathered EVERYTHING for 1.2 and it was a pain-in-the-butt to do that, I can't even imagine what a nightmare it will be to try and determine what newer ROMs I need now, not to mention various renames. Geez, I regret not updating this through the revisions. I REALLY love this homebrew, but DAMN!

What version of MAME do I get the ROMs from? How many new ones are there now between version 1.2 and 1.9? What all games do I need to rename? I really don't want to start all over again with this, you know? UGH!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i went though and tested everything from mame 139 with the 1.8 update. copper made some adjustments. i would recommend that you check the project post link which will show you what roms you need. then find a 0.143 set and grab the rom files. you are way out of date with 1.2 =P

here is a listing of what was added between 1.8 and 1.9: http://pastebin.com/pgbRGTpE

don't forget to add the updated resource files as well.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so i did some testing and had the following errors. all testing was done with the most current mame 0.143 rom set.

On v1.9 I am now getting a black screen with Beastie Feastie. Downgraded to 1.8 and the same file is working. I did a fresh format of the MSD tonight as well.

Anteater loads to a Port A, B, and C debug type screen. The game itself does not load. I verified that my file is correct.

digdug1 is giving an error that it is missing dd1a.1, dd1a.2, dd1a.3 from the digdug directory and dd1a.4b from the digdug1.zip. The first 3 files are in my digdig.zip from the 0.143 set. dd1a.4b is named dd1.4b in the digdug1.zip from the 0.143 set. I am not sure if the error is because the 4th file is actually named differently?

digdug is giving an error that it is missing dd1a.1, dd1a.2, dd1a.3, dd1a.4, dd1a.5, dd1a.6, and 136007.107 from the digdug.zip. The file I am using is from the 0.143 set and I have verified that the dd1a files are there. According to MAWS the 136007.107 file is not part of this set. The last update was .133u3.

squxb2 is giving an error that it can not open sqix.zip. sqix.zip is not on the supported ROM list. Once the parent file is added to the directory squxb2 works just fine.

zigzag loads to a yellow boot screen of all "0" characters. zigzag2 gets past the yellow screen and loads the "1up", "high score", etc screen but nothing more. The bottom DS screen is black and the game does not load.

all the above bugs were repoted to copper, so hopefully there will be an update soon.

anteaterg, anteateruk, and bucaner, can only be found in the 0.143 mame rom set. they are all renamed for the new set and copper is using the updated naming scheme for his emu.

-Another World

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
king_leo said:
seems a bit clogged, i might try it later

the images in the news post are of the rom selection menu. the capture that appears on the top is not the game being played, its just some art to show what the game is. the actual games play across both ds screens. in reality, it isn't "clogged" at all.

-another world

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe I never heard of his before, it works really well, I like it better then Namco Museum even
smile.gif
Great stuff.

Only thing I can't seem to get to work is Mspacman and Mspacmat. I tried 3 different zips for each of them. They load, you see the gibberish graphics in the beginning, then there's just nothing. The bootleg version (mspacmab ) works fine, so if there's no difference between it and the "real" version, I can live with that.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
Only thing I can't seem to get to work is Mspacman and Mspacmat.

make sure your file names and CRC values verify against what is on MAWS. MAWS at times is outdated, a sad but true fact. The ROMs I have working are from the 0.139 and 0.143 set. the ms pacman files i asked copper to update were from 0.139. try findiing files from that update and you should be all set.

the 1.92 update fixes a problem similiar to what you are describing. it was related to the crc values of outdated roms which copper was using.

-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
QUOTE said:
Only thing I can't seem to get to work is Mspacman and Mspacmat.

make sure your file names and CRC values verify against what is on MAWS. MAWS at times is outdated, a sad but true fact. The ROMs I have working are from the 0.139 and 0.143 set. the ms pacman files i asked copper to update were from 0.139. try findiing files from that update and you should be all set.

the 1.92 update fixes a problem similiar to what you are describing. it was related to the crc values of outdated roms which copper was using.

-another world

(this is my copy/paste from the 1.92 release thread as no one seems to be paying attention to that thread for whatever reason)

OK, so I went through the hassle to set 1.92 up (5 hours later, I figure it's all correct now....what a PITA though). While I didn't fully play every game, I did test to make sure every game loaded and started. Here is what I discovered so far.

Ms. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Attack don't work. I've tried a couple different revisions of the mspacman.zip ROM and get the same result every time. The game loads and goes through all that initialization scramble stuff, then black screens. All other versions of Ms. Pac-Man seem to work fine, just not those two.

EDIT: I just verified the CRCs of both zips involved through MAWS, they match perfectly, but the games don't run.

Abscam has a minor bug.....if you go through the portal at the top of the screen, the playfield doesn't scroll down soon enough so you can see your guy appear at the bottom, causing a playability issue. Eventually, it will correct itself, but only after you move above the bottom line of the playfield.

Crazy Kong seems to be using an odd version of the ckong.zip....while I finally found a working one, most sites had a different revision, which made finding the correct one difficult to track down. You need the one that has the "falcon7" file in the zip.....most didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: