Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got an Ewin2 from there, and shipping is only $6 more. It's a good cart if all you want to do is play NDS roms and don't mind dealing with a patching software, but homebrew support is really quite bad. Oh well, I bought it as a temporary solution anyway...
The DSLink is pretty much the same way, but you need to use an MK4 or have a flashed ds to use it.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to buy an Ewin? I never said that it was spectacular or anything, it's just fairly good quality for a very low price. I would think that the G6 is much better, so you should stick with that brand. I don't personally have a G6, but from what I've seen it looks a lot better. Only reason I got an Ewin2 is because it was dirt cheap.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are planing to buy a DS-Link(SLOT 1) or a Ewin 2 (SLOT 2) I have found the cheapest prices...

DS-Link-$17.99

Ewin 2-$14.99

DS Link Flash Cart Here

Ewin 2 Flash Cart Here

Reviews:

DS Link Review Here

Ewin 2 Review Here

Original sale site Here

NOTE to members only...This is a good flashcart shopping site

Oh yeah there are more great prices and deals I have found there...

ds link is cheap because it needs you to use a passkey, even though it is a slot 1 flash cart, it needs you to use a passkey to load it up, although its fairly cheap to buy a dslink, you will need to buy a MK4 mini passkey to even load it, or flash your ds thats why its cheap all the other slot 1 flash carts work on unflashed ds's.

Guyver 1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are planing to buy a DS-Link(SLOT 1) or a Ewin 2 (SLOT 2) I have found the cheapest prices...

DS-Link-$17.99

Ewin 2-$14.99

DS Link Flash Cart Here

Ewin 2 Flash Cart Here

Reviews:

DS Link Review Here

Ewin 2 Review Here

Original sale site Here

NOTE to members only...This is a good flashcart shopping site

Oh yeah there are more great prices and deals I have found there...

ds link is cheap because it needs you to use a passkey, even though it is a slot 1 flash cart, it needs you to use a passkey to load it up, although its fairly cheap to buy a dslink, you will need to buy a MK4 mini passkey to even load it, or flash your ds thats why its cheap all the other slot 1 flash carts work on unflashed ds's.

i thought all slot 1 cards were passkeys, i have never heard of one that needs you to use a passkey to load it? defects the purpose of a being a slot 1 right, more of a hassle since you would need to carry around the passkey every time you wanted to use your dslink.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alternative to carrying around an MK4 (the only passme that works with the DSLink btw): Doing the smart thing and flashing your DS.

Also, DSLink was the first ever slot-1 card, and it was not very advanced because of this. Having no passme in it (and having the patching software externally as client software) reduces prices by a lot.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, the dslink does not have the hard ware inside to do it, but there is another way lol, my friend wanted to try out my other friends ds link, the problem is he wont flash his ds, so this is what he did to get it working, he loaded up his supercard and super key and used the Mk4 mini rom, (someone dumped all the passkey roms already lol), when the menu loads and gives you the option of loading form slot 1, he removed the superkey and plugged in the dslink and it loaded, lol, yes that sounds gay, and a hassle, but it works, so if you have a slot 2 flash cart and a passkey for it, you can use it to load the dslink.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1