DSLink and Ewin 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GBA_Temper, Mar 27, 2007.

Mar 27, 2007

DSLink and Ewin 2 by GBA_Temper at 10:52 PM (820 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. GBA_Temper
    OP

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
  2. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Yeah, I got an Ewin2 from there, and shipping is only $6 more. It's a good cart if all you want to do is play NDS roms and don't mind dealing with a patching software, but homebrew support is really quite bad. Oh well, I bought it as a temporary solution anyway...
    The DSLink is pretty much the same way, but you need to use an MK4 or have a flashed ds to use it.

3. GBA_Temper
    OP

United States
    OH man!! now I want a Ewin but I am waiting for G6DS REAL

4. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Why do you want to buy an Ewin? I never said that it was spectacular or anything, it's just fairly good quality for a very low price. I would think that the G6 is much better, so you should stick with that brand. I don't personally have a G6, but from what I've seen it looks a lot better. Only reason I got an Ewin2 is because it was dirt cheap.

5. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ds link is cheap because it needs you to use a passkey, even though it is a slot 1 flash cart, it needs you to use a passkey to load it up, although its fairly cheap to buy a dslink, you will need to buy a MK4 mini passkey to even load it, or flash your ds thats why its cheap all the other slot 1 flash carts work on unflashed ds's.

6. GBA_Temper
    OP

United States
    Oh I see now thanks I was thinking about getting it for my cousin but I will still stick with geting the R4 for my cousin and for me I will have G6DS Real(2GB) and keep the G6 Lite (512MB)

7. Guyver 1

Newcomer Guyver 1 Member

United States
    i thought all slot 1 cards were passkeys, i have never heard of one that needs you to use a passkey to load it? defects the purpose of a being a slot 1 right, more of a hassle since you would need to carry around the passkey every time you wanted to use your dslink.

8. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Alternative to carrying around an MK4 (the only passme that works with the DSLink btw): Doing the smart thing and flashing your DS.

Also, DSLink was the first ever slot-1 card, and it was not very advanced because of this. Having no passme in it (and having the patching software externally as client software) reduces prices by a lot.

9. GBA_Temper
    OP

United States
    Is there any kind of FIRMWARE update or something??? That can make this act like a PassCard it self??

10. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    nope, the dslink does not have the hard ware inside to do it, but there is another way lol, my friend wanted to try out my other friends ds link, the problem is he wont flash his ds, so this is what he did to get it working, he loaded up his supercard and super key and used the Mk4 mini rom, (someone dumped all the passkey roms already lol), when the menu loads and gives you the option of loading form slot 1, he removed the superkey and plugged in the dslink and it loaded, lol, yes that sounds gay, and a hassle, but it works, so if you have a slot 2 flash cart and a passkey for it, you can use it to load the dslink.