hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DsKara v1.2
Karaoke application; now with editor

Change05 has released an update to his karaoke application for the DS. The big change here is the addition of a lyrics editor, allowing you to make your own. Editor instructions and download below.

[title:Editor Instructions (Thanks to deufeufeu for translating!)]Tutorial : create your own karokes

To begin, you have to create a text file (type .txt) which will contain the song lyrics.
Every line feed is counted (so every line will correspond to a line ingame), this way you SHOULD NOT add empty lines.
Then, you have to cut the syllabes by slashes "/" to be able to distinguish them. As an example for the lyrics "And if it's real well I don't want to know" it will give
QUOTE said:
And /if /it's /real
Well /I /don't /want /to /know

WARNING
Every line should contains a maximum of 30 characters (without counting the slashes). Indeed, the DS has 32 horizontal tiles, but we have to remove one for clarity.

Then, when every lines are done, add a new empty line (which is an exception to aforementioned rule). The line feed is necessary for your file to be valid.
Then, you have to create a file editor.dsk at this address : fill the form, select the text file previously created in the field Lyrics file, then let the field Timestamps file empty et check Empty timestamps. Download the file you are given, rename it editor.dsk et put it in the folder /DsKara/ at the root of your memory card. Put also in this folder the file editor.raw that corresponds to the music for the karaoke.

Run DsKara, and click on Editor in the menu. The informations of the song should show up on the bottom screen. Push START to start editing : every press on A, characters (defined by the previous groups slash-separated) will be lit (the simpler to understand is to do it). When you'll have ended, push SELECT to save (if you don't do it and you turn off the ds, you'll have to restart :-°). A file times.txt will be created in the folder /DsKara/.
Now, you just have to go back to the same website and instead of leaving the Timestamps field empty and checking the "Empty timestamps", choose the file times.txt that was just got back (without checking "empty timestamps" of course). Don't forget to fill the rest of the forms for the song infos (title, author, and the previous .txt file) and valid.

And it's done ! You have created your karoke ! Put the .dsk file that will be available to download in the same folder /DsKara/ of your memory card; rename it the way you want (leaving the dsk extension), rename the music file accordingly (with the .raw extension) and here you go, you can sing along your song and even upload it there.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know only three words in French. >_> I dunno if it even makes sense.
================================================== =====
TUTO: create your own karaoke
================================================== =

First, you must create a text file (. Txt), which will contain the words of the song.
Each new line is counted (each line thus corresponds to a line in the game), so you do NOT NEED jump lines (Leave a blank line)
Then, we must cut the syllables by slashs / to be able to tell them apart. For example, the lyrics And if it's real well I do not want to know would:

CODE
And / if / it's / real
Well, I / do not / want / to / know

/! \ Each line must contain a maximum of 30 characters (not counting slashs Azn). Ben yes, the DS has horizontally 32 tiles, but it removes 1 each for the sake of clarity /! \

Then, once all the lines are made, back to the line and let the vacuum (exception to the rule stated above Azn). The new line is needed for the file created then be valid.
Then you must create a file editor.dsk at this address: fill out the form, select the text file created earlier in the box Lyrics file, leave this box Timestamps file and blank check Empty timestamps. Download the file that offers you rename editor.dsk and place it in the folder / DsKara /, at the root of your memory card. Place this file in the file editor.raw which corresponds to the music of this karaoke.

Run DsKara, Editor and click on the menu. The information of the song should be displayed on the bottom screen. Press START to begin publishing: each supports the key A character (defined by groups of syllables separated by slashs) will light up (the easiest way to understand this is to do). Once you have finished, press SELECT to save (if you do not, and you turn off the DS before, it will again :-°). A file times.txt has been created in the folder / DsKara.
Now it's just going back to the same page as above, and instead of timestamps empty, select the file times.txt you just recover Smiley (of course, do not check Empty timestamps Azn). Remember to fill out the additional information on the song (title, author, as well as the same file. Txt as in the previous step) and validate.

And now, you have created your karaoke! Place the file. Dsk we will be offering for download in the file / DsKara / from your memory card; rename it as you see fit (leaving the extension. Dsk - °), rename music by the same name (with the extension. raw now) and voila, you can sing your song and even broadcast here Language

D

Deleted User

Edit : spoiler tag with a revenge

Tutorial : create your own karokes

To begin, you have to create a text file (type .txt) which will contain the song lyrics.
Every line feed is counted (so every line will correspond to a line ingame), this way you SHOULD NOT add empty lines.
Then, you have to cut the syllabes by slashes "/" to be able to distinguish them. As an example for the lyrics "And if it's real well I don't want to know" it will give
QUOTE said:
And /if /it's /real
Well /I /don't /want /to /know

WARNING
Every line should contains a maximum of 30 characters (without counting the slashes). Indeed, the DS has 32 horizontal tiles, but we have to remove one for clarity.

Then, when every lines are done, add a new empty line (which is an exception to aforementioned rule). The line feed is necessary for your file to be valid.
Then, you have to create a file editor.dsk at this address (NOT : I don't have the link) : fill the form, select the text file previously created in the field Lyrics file, then let the field Timestamps file empty et check Empty timestamps. Download the file you are given, rename it editor.dsk et put it in the folder /DsKara/ at the root of your memory card. Put also in this folder the file editor.raw that corresponds to the music for the karaoke.

Run DsKara, and click on Editor in the menu. The informations of the song should show up on the bottom screen. Push START to start editing : every press on A, characters (defined by the previous groups slash-separated) will be lit (the simpler to understand is to do it). When you'll have ended, push SELECT to save (if you don't do it and you turn off the ds, you'll have to restart :-°). A file times.txt will be created in the folder /DsKara/.
Now, you just have to go back to the same website and instead of leaving the Timestamps field empty and checking the "Empty timestamps", choose the file times.txt that was just got back (without checking "empty timestamps" of course). Don't forget to fill the rest of the forms for the song infos (title, author, and the previous .txt file) and valid.

And it's done ! You have created your karoke ! Put the .dsk file that will be available to download in the same folder /DsKara/ of your memory card; rename it the way you want (leaving the dsk extension), rename the music file accordingly (with the .raw extension) and here you go, you can sing along your song and even upload it there.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The server doesn't work anymore
frown.gif
When I point my browser to it it says:
Erreur 500 - Erreur interne du serveur
Is there an alternate server available?

Edit: another question: what the heck is the raw-format?

ninpou90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know what a .raw format is, either.
frown.gif

EDIT

Google said:
# raw - a raw file can contain audio in any codec but is usually used with PCM audio data. It is rarely used except for technical tests. Sample .raw file.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems to be "RAW PCM signed 16 bit, little endian, 5500 Hz, 88kbps, mono". When I converted my MP3 to it and tested it in DSKara it had a very bad sound though. Bad in the sense of: it sounded like a defective TV and you couldn't hear the music anymore.

Edit: post number 1000
laugh.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1