DSiWare Exploit Sudokuhax

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So i need the Sudoku game.... so bad....

Maybe we can do the same in another app (free) like Flipnote Studio and DSi Browser soon but for now, there are people that cant buy the game

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Since a lot of people are going to get 1000 or 2000 points just for this, what would be some good games on DSiWare for 800 points? Actual fighting games would be nice, i.e. not Photo Dojo.

The Mario vs Donkey Kong game is very nice, although there's several retail versions out there that might be better for the money.
Edit, sorry, missed the fighting game part. I don't think the DSiWare shop has many fighting games, if any that are worth the money.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you YayMii and RupeeClock, I'll update my firmware and get the game but I'll not use the exploit yet but at least I'll have the game and can use the DSiware.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
digipokemaster said:
then what is the point of hacking the dsi or any other system thenHomebrew. It's what motivated fail0verflow to hack the PS3.
QUOTE(joda @ Jan 27 2011, 12:28 PM) I've got only one thing to say: full speed snes9x!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Supercard DStwo is more powerful than the DSi.
But they say it's bottle necked for power through the DS slot. Would the native CPU work better without this so called bottle neck?

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Mmmm this exploit allows us to load NDS files up to 12 MB.

So what happens if we trim the System Flaw rom (to 10 MB) and we load it with this exploit?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
everyone is talking about how to use this exploit and which game to buy. i don't see anyone talking about the risks. what are the risks to the sd slot, the file system, the sd card, the dsi? is there a risk of bricking? no one seems to know or be talking about it. i didn't get my dsi xl for free and i'm not about to risk it for an exploit that runs a few homebrew files.

-another world

Considering this is from Team Twiizers, I'm going to assume the risk is small. They don't generally release tools to the general public with high possibilities of bricks. It's a risk but generally a small one. Wakinono always seems to just throw enough together to make his stuff dangerous before it's 'fixed'.

Also from reading the blog post the DSiWare save exploits in general can't access Slot1. Only the launcher/sysmenu can. Thus I would somewhat conclude that since the DSiWare exploit doesn't have access to the launcher/sysmenu it really can't brick the system. Might be an oversimplification, but I don't think that's too far off the mark.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I don't need this for anything, I'm just gonna wait until a different exploit is found or someone releases something to make it worthwhile. There's no reason for me to use this yet.

D

Deleted_171835

This is pretty awesome.
It can only run .nds files under 12MB, though so it isn't useful for storing NDS games. It's great for homebrew, though!

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
SoulSnatcher said:
This is pretty awesome.
It can only run .nds files under 12MB, though so it isn't useful for storing NDS games. It's great for homebrew, though!

Actually the System Flaw rom (trimmed) is only 10.8 MB.

And it is DSi only so.... anyone can try this???

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty cool development. I wonder will it take an update to the developent tools, or will applying a simple DLDI style patch to homebrew allow FAT support?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Ok so how do we do this? Is this out yet for public?

The main page has links to documentation and downloads for how to use the exploit. You do need a North American or Australian DSi as the EA Sudoku game is only available for these regions on the DSiWare Store, which you need to purchase.

shineaway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Sodoku game is also available on the European store, as I live in the UK.

We need a homebrew launcher like DSKiosk to run on this now, any ideas how?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is good news. If we keep on moving at this pace, we will see comercial roms loaded from SD without a flashcard in NO TIME.

God, i bet this would put the flashcard makers out of buisness. Also, lol at team Cyclops. DSI mode card my ass, we will be able to do just that with exploints in the future.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir_Voe said:
This is a pretty cool development. I wonder will it take an update to the developent tools, or will applying a simple DLDI style patch to homebrew allow FAT support?

FAT support will not work at this time. From their comments in the blog post

QUOTEWe’re working on a libnds patch for DSi sdmmc. SD card can’t be used with old homebrew via DLDI since the MMC bus is arm7 only, homebrew will need rebuilt with latest libnds once support is added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong