Gaming DSi Ware worth buying

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering getting a DSi for a while, and obviously, a big draw is DSi Ware. The lists of current DSi Ware look pretty weak. The only upcoming title that interests me is Dragon Quest War or whatever. Is there anything else that I should be looking out for?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the money then buy it.
There's really no good DSiWare that I like.
I want that phantasy zero game it looks sweet.
The DSiWare does look promising in the future, so I would say buy it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The only ones I got so far are Dr.Mario (which you can really just use a NES emu for), and WarioWare, which is crap and a complete waste of points. So I can't really offer an opinion on what is good or not. I just hope those who are trying actually manage to hack it, that extra power might result in some [finished] emulators for it(SNES etc).

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wut ever you do, do not buy the wario game! as tempting as it is, it is only fun once and not much afterwards. Paperairplane chase is fun and it is 200 points. Wont hold you that long but definitely fun in short burts, my current score is 304 trying to aim for 400 lol.

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
None of them are worth buying. They just want you to blow off your free Nintendo Points on shitty games.
I bought the paper airplane one, birds and beans, and wario ware snapped. Those were really fun, the Wario Ware one its unique because it uses recognization (sp?) to detect what you are doing etc. The paper airplane one is great for passing time and the Birds and Beans one keeps you entertained for a long while.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I think when these comes out, they are worth your points:

Ghostwire: Catch "ghosts" using your camera!
http://gonintendo.com/?p=83672

Dragon Quest Wars: Strategy game for DQ
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155603

Mr. Brain: Square Enix's first DSiware, its supposed to be drama-based..... and "brain-training style"
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/14/squar...d-dsiware-game/

I don't own a DSi, but from the looks of it, the Art Style games look pretty good and so does the birds and beans. Warioware has very little micro games from what I've heard so try to stay away from it unless you care about one-time fun.

biggrin.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest Wars is Japan only so if you want that import a DSi.

I heard Mr. Brain is good as well however since I'm limited to Japan only DSiware I don't think I can get it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on all the Art Style games on GBA & WiiWare I'd say grab some of those, the reviews for them are great too.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i.Domination said:
I think when these comes out, they are worth your points:

Ghostwire: Catch "ghosts" using your camera!
http://gonintendo.com/?p=83672

Dragon Quest Wars: Strategy game for DQ
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155603

Mr. Brain: Square Enix's first DSiware, its supposed to be drama-based..... and "brain-training style"
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/14/squar...d-dsiware-game/

I don't own a DSi, but from the looks of it, the Art Style games look pretty good and so does the birds and beans. Warioware has very little micro games from what I've heard so try to stay away from it unless you care about one-time fun.

biggrin.gif
That Ghostwire game looks VERY promising!

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
i went on the dsi ware shop last night and decided that the best thing about it is the music. its worth it just to turn that on, turn up the volume and pretend that you're on a gameshow or something. yep.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it is, DSiWare isn't worth spending points on, even the freebie points. Scratch that, Mighty Flip Champs! just came out, it looks interesting. I think I'll get it, mostly to show support for DSiWare development. But, Nintendo would be foolish if they didn't allow higher quality games on DSiWare. DLC is a great way for game developers to produce games inexpensively. They need to lose the gimmicky apps and maybe create some useful ones. Who needs a clock or calculator on their DS? But a PDA style app that utilizes the camera would be great (you could even include a clock and calculator!), or how about a Twitter app (as opposed to going to the site with the web browser)

There should also be playable demos to download, maybe even game add-ons.

vgshaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've spent 20 on games, I bought Dr. Mario Express, Art Style Pictobits, Art Style Aquia and Warioware. Warioware was fun for all of ten minutes. I absolutely love art style pictobits tho. Worth the 5 bucks. I can't really describe the gameplay, but it's addicting and reminds me a bit of tetris. Also, the fact that you can earn retro songs is awesome
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone